The Meaning Of The Snapchat Score

The Meaning Of The Snapchat Score

What followers on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter have come to represent.

6440
The Meaning Of The Snapchat Score
E-news

Your Snapchat score is the sum of the number of snaps you have sent and received. Its purpose, I suppose, is to measure how much each user really snaps. However, you don't get points for whatever snaps that are sent out. Chats don't count for points, and each snap sent increases your score by one point, while opening a snap also increases your score by one point. Notice how these are only one point increases. To increase your Snapchat score to a respectable number requires time, continuous use of the app and countless pictures to and from your friends.

What is a high score?

From what I know, the people who use Snapchat constantly throughout each day have higher Snapchat scores ranging from 100,000 to around 120,000, meaning 100,000 or 120,000 pictures sent and or received. That's a lot of snaps!

Increasing your Snapchat score is kind of like increasing the number of followers you have on Twitter and Instagram. It's no wonder why there are apps like Snapchat score hack that are there to lure people into an easy way to do this. It's respectable to have a high Snapchat score, but the method in obtaining it should be accounted for, too.

But to be honest, the number of followers on Instagram, numerical Snapchat score or followers on Twitter has become the benchmark for a big popularity contest that takes place all over social media. Having a larger number of followers doesn't mean having more friends, or a better life than people who don't have as much followers. But it has become a common mindset for teens to associate followers and Snapchat scores with popularity. To a certain affect, the sociability of a person might have a role to play in the number of followers they have, but this does not necessarily mean they are popular. I personally know people who have many, many followers on Instagram and Twitter, who live completely normal lives. Their lives aren't as great and fun as it look on their social media. The reason it looks that way is because they choose those perfect moments to post on their social media so that their friends and followers can see what they want them to see. Of course the moments they choose to post are going to be pretty, fun and exciting. But that's only part of the story. Who knows what the rest of their life could be like when they're not posting on Instagram. One healthy thing that everyone who uses social media should do is not compare their own lives to the ones portrayed on social media accounts like Snapchat, Instagram or Facebook. Remember that the posts that are on these websites are chosen for show and don't accurately represent the reality of their lives. Comparing what you see on these websites can lead you to think negative things about your life when you shouldn't have to.