The Main Differences between a Student Visa and a Study Visa

Canada is a country that is famous for its education and the quality of life.

20

So knowing all that, many students apply for a visa or permit to shift to Canada for a designated amount of time as well as apply for the chance to study at one of their prestigious colleges and universities, but there are two types of processes that a person can take to apply for shifting to Canada. The first is a student visa. It allows the applicant to enter Canada, and the other type is a study permit and it allows the applicant to stay in Canada.

So today we will be discussing the two types of process for shifting to Canada and what is the best one for you?

Student Visa

The first and the most common process that many people apply for going to Canada is the student visa. Many people apply for a student visa because the requirements of the documents are quite minimal and most people can acquire these documents relatively easily. These documents usually depend on the case that is present but the usual documents that are required are the evidence of passport, proof of funds, and your biometric information. After all the documents are submitted the process starts and the results usually come within a few weeks. Until then there is nothing much to do except waiting.

The one thing the many people don't know is that this visa is only capable of allowing you to enter the country and in some cases, the immigration can also deny you the access to the country as well, and there have been many cases where a person has been denied access to Canada after receiving the visa from their respective embassies.

Study Permit

The other and the more complicated method of procuring a visa is by getting a study permit from one of the embassies from your origin country since this permit gives you the right to live and study in Canada, the process to obtain is a lot more complicated than obtaining a student visa, so I recommend that you get help from an immigration lawyer from https://immigrationlawyertorontofirm.ca, they deal with obtaining a study permit visa regularly and they will be able to help you much better and much efficiently.

However, if you want to do it on your own, here is a rundown of the documents you will need to get a study permit for Canada. The first and the most important thing you will need when applying for a study permit is a valid passport, if you don't have it then you should get one as soon as possible then apply. The second thing you will need is proof that you have been enrolled in an institute for your designated learning. Another few things that are required in this study permit that are not needed in a student visa is the proof that you don't have any past criminal record and the proof that you are in good health and don't have any deadly diseases. And finally, the last thing that is required is proof that you will leave Canada after completing your studies.

Difference between Student Visa and Study Permit

Well, to be fair there aren't many differences in what they need, but there are major differences in how they are processed and the result that each of those processes produces. For example, a student visa will only give you the right to enter Canada whereas a study permit will give you the right to stay in Canada as well. A study permit has a greater priority than a student visa and therefore if you have a study permit nobody is going to ask you for the visa. That is the main and the most notable difference.