The Little Moments

The Little Moments

People do not need to have materials to be happy.

9
The Little Moments
www.twitter.com

It truly is amazing how someone can come into your life. You have no idea who they are, what they are like, or anything else about them, but suddenly they are with you all the time and all you can think about is them. You are constantly wondering what they are doing, how their day is, what they are feeling and what you are going to do next time you see them; all you want to do is spend your days with them. What many people do not realize is that it’s the littlest things when it comes to relationships, dating, or whatever you want to call it, not the material things.

There’s nothing I love more than looking down at my phone and seeing her name pop up; it seems like she knows exactly what to say when I need her the most. Whenever I am having a bad day, I know that she’ll be there to try and make me feel better with the little emoji that is kissing the heart or her telling exactly how she thinks of me when she looks at me. It truly is astonishing to think that a messed up soul like mine can make someone feel the way she does about me.

Another one of the amazing things is when she invites me over to her house, not out to the movies, bowling, to the mall, or anything else like that, but to her house so we can just lay sprawled out on her couch as we watch some show like “Face-off” or “Better Call Saul.” She then only tops herself by asking me if I want anything to eat or drink just so I can feel comfortable. Once we have finally become comfortable on the couch, she will just look over at me and smile the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. Only to follow that up by nudging my arm until I put my arm around her knowing that’s all she wanted in the first place, just to cuddle, which I think is absolutely adorable. I remember there was one time I was at her house and we were catching up on the second season of “Better Call Saul.” As we laid on the couch, I slowly just started to drift off to sleep, and it was perfect. I remember hearing the sound of her heart beat and her breathing in and out that slowly put me to sleep because I was so relaxed. Once I woke up from my nap, I saw her laying there and I was simply overcome with this feeling of happiness; I could not help myself as I wrapped my arms around her and squeezed my happiness into her with an amazing hug.

However, one of the best moments I can recall is whenever we decided to go on a drive around the city. If it wasn’t for our exact same music taste, I don’t know how we would survive those car rides. We would be driving around jamming out to country music like Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, or Kenny Chesney, and I'd look over to see her sitting in my passenger seat. She didn’t catch me looking at first as she dances a little while belting out the song, and I had this ridiculous smile on my face. As soon as I smiled, she turned towards me and the way the sun hit her eyes, it made them sparkle like stars in the night sky; as her face lit up with goofy happiness, she grabbed my hand and we cruised all the way home. It was truly a moment of bliss and happiness.

People do not need to have materials to be happy. All they need is to keep the ones around them that appreciate the little moments in life.