To The Lifelong Friends: Thank You

To The Lifelong Friends: Thank You

Here's to the ones who have stuck around, even after knowing you in middle school.

674
To The Lifelong Friends: Thank You
Huffington Post

Something that always makes me smile is thinking about some of the people in my life who have come in it and stayed. Lifelong friends that have always been there no matter what stages of life you go through. There are only a handful of people that will come into your life and stick around, and it's important to cherish them. They've grown up with you, held your hand when things were tough, and watched you struggle, and then achieve, to become the person you are today. There's a different type of connection that you have with someone who has been in your life throughout different stages, your friendship has grown and evolved just like you have over the years. So here's to the friends that have come and stayed in your life over time.

One of the best parts about having lifelong friends is that there's plenty of memories to reminisce about. Sharing times that you spent together, whether it was in school or at your house, it seems like there will never be a memory that you can't laugh endlessly about with them. Even if it's been years since you have seen each other, you seem to be able to pick back up right where you left off. There's no awkward moments where you're unsure of how to act with one another. It's just like it was the last time you saw them. That's what makes this friendships so special and unlike any other.

When you're not reminiscing with one another, you're creating new memories with them, and having just as much fun as you did before. The best part about this is that you know that this is someone you can grow with, and know that no matter where life brings you, they will be in your life. It's refreshing and comforting to know that this person will be someone that your future spouse and kids will probably know.

These friendships has become important over the years to you. You look back and think about all of the times that you spent together and it proves to you that people can have friendships that last a lifetime. It's not just something made up and in the movies. You can always talk about your family with them, because you know that they know most of them and would want to hear about how they are doing. Your family knows who you are talking about when you tell them that you're going out to see your old friends. It makes these friends feel like members of your family.

So here's to the friends that have been around while you've gone through your many stages of life. They were some of your first friends in elementary school and they still loved you through your awkward middle school years. They cheered you on as you went through high school and onto college, and are still with you today, helping you figure out this whole "adulthood" thing. So next time you see this friend, or friends, make sure that you take a moment to thank them for being in your life.