The Lazy Person's Guide to an Amazing 4th of July

No one will have to know you barely lifted a finger

19
http://boston.workbar.com/

The Fourth of July is a holiday that everyone loves to participate in. However, some people might not have time to come up with ideas, or just might not be as creative as others. Below, is some obvious, and not-so-obvious things you can do to spruce up your Fourth of July this year.

1. Subtly rocking your red, white, and blue.

Sure the Fouth of July is probably the most American day of the year but no one like the person who looks like a walking flag. My go to holiday outfit is a white dress and red shoes or a blue outfit with white shoes. If you want to incorporate all three colors of the flag try on something striped. Show your American pride without being the obnoxious person wearing the American flag shirt and bottom.

2. Show your bartenders skills with these awesome drinks.

Fruit water:

Strawberry and blueberry water is a wonderful way to spruce up some water this 4th of July. If you want to make your drinks look pretty try putting them in mason jars and having individual servings. If you want so sweeten this up a bit add a dollop of honey and shake, it'll give this a refreshing natural taste. (You can find the recipe here.)

Patriotic drinks:

This is such an cute drink to try for kids who want to be as festive as the grown ups. Place the drink with the highest sugar content on the bottom, the second lowest above, and the one with the lowest sugar content on top. To keep the colors separated, you can pour the first color, and then add ice. This process can be continued for the rest of the layers as well. Personally, when I layer drinks I don't use this method, I put the first layer, then using a spoon I pour the second layer. I have yet to figure out the science behind how it doesn't blend together, but that's my go to way of layering drinks if you don't want to add any ice. If the adults love this adorable drink for the kids here's the alcoholic version they can try.

3. Being a lazy chef

Red Velvet Pancakes:

This isn't really a snack but if you're looking for a way to show some holiday cheer for breakfast try making some red velvet pancakes with whip cream and blueberries on top. The easiest way to make red velvet pancakes is by using red velvet cake batter, who says you can't have cake for breakfast ? You can find an amazing recipe that makes it so easy to make your scrumptious red velvet pancakes. You can do it like her and have cream cheese frosting, which makes it delicious but if you don't want as much calories you can opt for the whipped cream or even nothing on top.

S'Mores:

Nothing screams Fourth of July more than s'mores. If you're looking to make your s'mores a little more festive you can dye the marshmallow red and use white chocolate and if you want to go the extra mile you can sprinkle some blue frosting over your yummy gooey treat. The best part is that you can make it in the oven.

Fruit Flag:

This is an awesome treat I'm looking to try this holiday it's the best way to enjoy some snacks without cheating on your diet. Unfortunately I'm allergic to blue food coloring and blueberries so my treat will be just white and red but it'll be healthy none the less. Get some white chocolate chips and melt them then dip your pretzels, regular or pretzel sticks and put the, on wax paper and set to dry when they're done place them on the pan then place some strawberries in between them. If you're looking to save this holiday a little frugal tip is to do a row of strawberries and a row of cherries or cut the strawberries in half and place them on the tray. If you're like me and can't eat blueberries or anything colored blue, this is where your fruit flag stops. If not, you can be precise and line up a couple of blueberries or just put a whole cup of it. If you're trying to be healthier, swap out the chocolate pretzels for bananas.