The Latest Trends in the Music World

The Latest Trends in the Music World

The music world is a fast evolving and ever changing landscape of influence. Over the last 20 years, we've seen the influx of home recording technology paired with the rise of streaming, making way for new independent artists and communities to flourish.

96824
The Latest Trends

The music world is a fast evolving and ever changing landscape of influence. Over the last 20 years, we've seen the influx of home recording technology paired with the rise of streaming, making way for new independent artists and communities to flourish. This is the positive side of the streaming coin, different kinds of music can exist in the same spaces in much more fluid ways. Aesthetic and musical styles are merging and taking on new life in the 21st century. Trends in the music industry can be most easily followed by exploring instagram, TikTok and other social media platforms to see what people are wearing and listening to. Let's take a look at a few style and artistic trends influencing the world of music.

Jewelry

Hip-hop is having a big moment right now. With powerful new releases from Kanye West, Drake and Lil Nas X flooding the airwaves, they're unique brand of style is also taking an influence. Just take a look at the most recent Met Gala pictures to get an idea of what we're talking about here. Mens jewelry is taking the fashion and music industry by storm with so many influential artists expressing their unique craft through their style. Mens hip hop jewelry is a great way to express your passion for the music you love and create a unique look inspired by today's most influential artists.

Rock n Roll Will Never Die!

Classic rock has and always will be a favorite in the music world. Neil Young's famous lyrics still ring true today, rock and roll will never die! Vintage tees and apparel from classic rock bands pull any look together and are the perfect way to express the many facets of your interests and style. The Rolling Stones Merchandise has never been a trendier way to express your love of rock n roll! Spice up your style with their famous logo and get rockin '!

Classic Records

Any music fan should have a decent vinyl setup to listen to their favorite records in the way they were intended to be heard: from start to finish and on a great stereo system. Vinyl has had a huge resurgence over the last two decades and many classic albums have been reissued and remastered for a heightened audio experience. In part, this is a pushback against streaming culture which puts a bigger emphasis on playlists and singles rather than full length album formats. Vinyl is a way for true music fans to dive deep into their favorite records. From the best rap albums of all time to the classic recordings of Pink Floyd, you can find all of your generation's most classic albums right from your home!

Music Creation Resources and Tools

For aspiring producers, songwriters and composers, there has never been a time where this much information about music creation and theory has been right at our fingertips. There are so many digital tools available to both make and learn music that almost anyone with an interest can pick them up and start making sounds! Understanding how music works, however, is complex and that's where online resources and tools such as blogs come in handy. You can use these tools to discover useful information such as the difference between rhythm and beat or how to compose a melody to further your understanding of music and how it's made.

Music News Sources

If all you do is follow headlines and instagram for your music news, chances are you're missing tons of valuable articles, news, events and new releases that may inspire you. Discover more about the world's greatest music by following music specific news websites and blogs. These are people with the same passion for music as their audience. They know that music news needs its own space, and these blogs are great for discovering new artists and bands to add to your collection of favorite music.

Festivals and Raves

On the rise in popularity again are music festivals, raves and other large gatherings of musicians and audiences. With live music becoming more prevalent after the height of the pandemic, fans are looking for loud and exciting outfits to get back into festival culture. Rave clothes are a really fun way to enjoy these events while expressing your passion for the culture. Stock up on rave supplies for your next electronic music festival! As more and more start to revive their bookings, attendees will want to be prepared with all of their favorite gear.

Instruments and Gear

For musicians, producers, sound technicians and engineers, it's essential to have an idea of what kinds of resources are available online for purchasing instruments and new gear. Virtual shopping has become the way of the future, and having a trusted hub where you can order everything from cables to samplers means that you will always be prepared for action no matter what the gig is. The great thing about buying from online stores is that you can often take advantage of their insurance policies and warranties to get a replacement product if something goes wrong with your original purchase.

Instruments and gear are not just luxurious commodities for those in the profession, they are necessary tools. Just as power tools are essential for carpenters, instruments, microphones, cables and audio interfaces are essential for musicians to practice and work in their craft. At the same time, for amateur musicians it is still just as important to make sure you are buying from a trusted source that offers ideal customer support. Musicians starting out need this just as much as seasoned professionals!

Home Studios

Home studios have largely become the norm in the independent recording industry. With so many options available for making home studios, it just doesn't make sense for producers to rent out studio space except in certain circumstances. The essential pieces to the home studio are this: a computer, a set of microphones and plenty of cables, a powerful audio interface, varying microphone stands and a studio desk with monitors. The piece of this puzzle that often gets overlooked is soundproofing!

Soundproofing is something that can be done in a DIY fashion, or you can order nicer looking sound panels for your space. Depending on your budget and aesthetic preference, raw materials or fully constructed panels are easy to purchase and simple to install. This will help make your home studio dry and ideal for recording delicate parts such as vocals or acoustic instruments. This will also help distribute and absorb sound reflection in your space, which will make your speakers produce a 'truer' signal.

These are just a few of the trends taking the music world by storm. Today's music industry is all about reclaiming style, genre and aesthetic from the industry. Part of the way we can do this is by expressing ourselves more fully, listening to our favorite artists without shame, and taking our creative spaces back into our own control. Nothing is more empowering than having control over your influence, style and preferences. Especially when it comes to personal expression and art. As this new world evolves after a year and a half of rest, it will be inspiring to see where the music world ends up and what trends will appear next.