The Kids Are Not Okay

The Kids Are Not Okay

The most innocent humans have lost all innocence.

40
The Kids Are Not Okay
weknowyourdreams

Kids are the most innocent humans on the planet. They have to be taught the difference between the truth and a lie, what is right and what is wrong, love and hate; basically everything that is not considered common sense. The problem with kids nowadays is that they are not that innocent anymore. The kids are not okay.

Kids are not worried about Boo Radley trying to get them. Kids are worried about other kids; the ones whose parents taught them to hate. They do not necessarily need to be taught how to love, they just need to be taught what love is. No child is born with hatred in them, it is only taught. Children are born and immediately accept one another naturally. Not many people are taking in the fact that a lot of hate crimes are going on with children specifically. A middle school in Michigan had an incident of students chanting "BUILD THE WALL" during lunch. Students at a high school in Pennsylvania marched down the halls with Trump signs in their hands, and chanted "white power". Young girls are being groped by boys who think they have the right to do so now. A Muslim boy was beat up just for being Muslim. Hijabs are being ripped off of female students. The list of hate crimes between children continue, and the length of it is absolutely horrifying.

The media does not take the children into consideration too much. We do not always hear about the hate crimes going on at middle schools or high schools, even elementary schools. We hear about the hate crimes between adults who should know better, but don't. The focus on our children has been lost, and this is extremely crucial for our future. The children are our future, and we cannot have them hating one another before they are able to see a PG-13 movie. Adults do not understand how much they influence the young ones. Kids notice everything and anything adults do, and will reenact it without hesitation because they don't know any better. Adults are not influencing the kids to continue to be kind to one another, and to accept each other for who they are. They are allowing their own hatred to take over their lives, and are teaching kids to do the same.

A child is not born with natural hatred; only natural love. We are assuming the kids are okay, because they're kids. What harm could they do? Lately, they have been doing a lot of harm, and society is not paying much attention. Please pay attention. The kids are not okay.