The Intrigue Of "How We Met" Stories

The Intrigue Of "How We Met" Stories

Life can be ironic and surprising all in one.

14
The Intrigue Of "How We Met" Stories
ThinkstockPhotos

Have you ever wondered how the universe conspired to allow two people to meet? It can sometimes be magical and they might not realize that they needed this person, but here they are in the path of life. I love to hear stories about how people met. Especially if it is a couple in a relationship, because that is usually one of the first questions that I ask them.

I’m not quite sure why I always ponder these situations, but it’s nice to know that there are some romantic and intriguing stories out there waiting to be heard. There is an unimaginable amount of combinations and possibilities for when you are going to meet someone special. I believe that’s part of the reason why I like to hear the “how we met” stories. It gives me hope that there might be one of those stories waiting for me.

Now, I know that all of the stories are not spectacular or unusual, but I think they are unique and inspiring to the people who’ve experienced them. I’ve heard that people met at church, through a mutual friend, at a square dance, at the bar, in school, at work, and at a concert. Some people’s relationships took years to intertwine while others simply took a couple of days to decide that they wanted to stay with each other. So many factors, complications, roadblocks, and miracles can happen along the way.

Most of all, I think the main reason I like to ask this question is to see the sparkle in the person’s eyes when they talk about a person they love. They may smile and their eyes are windows to the past. When asked to tell about their experiences, they’re taken back to a time when they weren’t expecting to meet anyone. It’s as if this person that they’ve been subconsciously yearning for magically appeared and I like to ask them about those moments. If it’s a good relationship, so many people will think fondly back on those days. Others may reminisce on the one that got away. It’s worth it in the long run to have found someone to make such a lasting impression.

As I’ve gotten to recollect countless memories with others about how they met certain people, I’ve found that every one of those stories has been worth telling. Even if nothing out of the ordinary happened, they still were enticing to me. Life can be ironic and surprising all in one. And the ideas that people had been telling me for years have become my own motto: It will happen. The hope from other’s stories has been keeping my own hope alive. So, please don’t take your stories for granted because they might be just the inspiration that someone needs.