The Integrity Of God

The Integrity Of God

Trusting the heart of God when you don't understand.

2938
The Integrity Of God
Smiled Soul

“When you can’t trace God’s hand, trust His Heart.” I heard this statement and it completely wrecked me. Often times when things in your life aren’t going exactly how you imagine them the first thing we do is question God. We say things like “Okay God I have been at this for a really long time. Don’t you see how faithfully I serve you? Why isn’t anything changing? In our finite minds we don’t see an outward change we automatically assume that no significant change is happening. Boy could we ever be so wrong. Just because we don’t see anything, doesn’t mean that inwardly you aren’t changing. A heart change is more important than any marital status change, any job change, or any financial change.

When I think about trusting the heart of God this translates to trusting the integrity of God. The integrity of God is found in Hebrews 13:8 That God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. That His heart for you is the same in the wilderness as it is in the promise land. The place in the wilderness that seems unchanging is the place where God is working all things collectively for your good. The heart of God is always setting you up to win. Here is where we fail, it is according to His purposes for us not our own. Whatever His purpose for you in the situation is how He is going to work it out. When it doesn’t work out the way we want, we put blame of God and question His integrity. Well take into account that it just might not be according to His purpose for you in this situation. God’s end result for you never changed. Trust his heart.

Anytime I think about the integrity of God my mind automatically goes to the story of Job. Satan came around to throw shade or for those of you who aren’t familiar with that term, throw accusations at Job and test the integrity of God in his eyes. He tried to blasphemy Job and his perspective of God by presenting a challenge to God. “I bet if you took everything good from him, he will curse you.” God disagreed. and basically said “challenge accepted!” You see God believes in us more than we believe in ourselves. He allowed trials to disturb Job and to test his character and integrity, God knew that Job would trust the heart of God when he didn’t see the fruit. This confidence in God only comes with a relationship with God. With everything that happened, it would have been easy for Job to question the integrity of God however, the heart of God never changed. Despite every destruction, friends’ reticule, and even his wife’s displeasure, one of my favorite verse came about. Job 13:15 Though He slay me, I will trust in Him. What an incredible belief in the of integrity of God. Look what integrity does. At the end of the trial period God restored Job with a double portion of what he started with. Talk about an awesome reward for integrity.

The heart of God is always leading us to a place of promise, to a place of abundance, and to a place of fulfilment. He always has our best interest in mind. He has a future and a hope for us. We are called to live by faith and not by sight so we are never to trust what we see. Build a relationship with God and you will always be able to redirect your misguided thoughts to trust God. You never know what God is doing behind the scenes but trust that it involves a future and a hope for you. God’s love is always going to be the motivation to get you to the place of promise. Let His love guide you because at the end of the day love is His heart. Continue to run your race and don’t grow weary because in due season you will reap a harvest.