Importance Of Seizing Opportunities

Importance Of Seizing Opportunities

Listen up, my friends.

3123
Importance Of Seizing Opportunities

A multitude of opportunities is constantly in front of our faces, passing by us as we hesitate to recognize and reach out for them. Sometimes, seeing them so up close to us causes a bit of strain on our eyes, because they aren’t always huge, flashing neon signs. After identifying these opportunities, the next step would be to pursue them. This step is easier said than done, and is usually the hardest step to fulfill.

Whenever a prime opportunity is at my fingertips just waiting for me to grab onto it, there are a variety of thoughts that cross my mind. For starters, I fear rejection, just as any other human with feelings. When taking a chance, there is the probability of losing whatever it was presenting, and that can definitely affect my decision of stepping up and going for it. If it just so happens that I am successful in my obtainment of the opportunity, next comes the thought of inadequacy. Don’t we just love when that one comes around? What if I’m not good enough for this opportunity, or what if I mess it all up and pull a typical Anthony move? my brain tortuously asks me. As I look to my future of following through with this opportunity, it seems as if my thoughts automatically flash to every single possibility of disaster, despair and embarrassment and no occasions of victory and triumph. That being said, there is only one advisable process that should be performed with all of those harmful and toxic feelings: ignore them.

The action of seizing opportunities brings along taking risks, which seems extremely daunting for a majority of the people I’ve encountered. However, if I hadn’t taken the opportunity to become a writer for this wonderful publication, then I would never have been able to freely express my ideas for my lone and faithful reader. I'm talking to you, Mom. Although I haven’t quite met my aspiration of joining the teams of some major newspapers such as the Los Angeles Times or the San Francisco Chronicle just yet, they better prepare themselves, because I’m coming for them at full speed. I’m starting somewhere, and I couldn’t be more ecstatic with what this opportunity has waiting for me.

In all seriousness, putting yourself out there, stepping out of your comfort zone and snatching possibilities doesn’t come easy and is understandably an immensely frightening endeavor. From someone who knows exactly what that feels like, there is only one collective piece of advice that I will bestow upon whoever it may concern: grasp every single opportunity available to you by the gonads, and hold on for dear life.