8 Times 'BoJack Horseman' Was A Little Too Real

8 Times  'BoJack Horseman' Was A Little Too Real

A comedy with a mix of satiric tragedy.

34

I am usually quite skeptical when it comes to animated television shows for young adults. I tend to turn away from raunchy humor, and I assume that the majority of these programs rely on sexually explicit material or offensive jokes, such as "Family Guy" or "American Dad".

When people first started suggesting "BoJack Horseman" to me, I repeatedly ignored their comments. I prefer to rewatch my old, beloved shows rather than start a new one. However, once I realized that "Friends" would be removed from Netflix, I found myself stuck. I needed something different, something to distract me from the pain of losing my favorite gang of six.

The series is very different from what I normally watch, and I considered giving up after the first two episodes. I decided to stick with it and now I find myself constantly looking for an excuse to watch more episodes.

It's awkward, it's satirical, it's the perfect blend of humorous and strange. Although I don't necessarily relate to the characters as I would when watching other television series, I still think that a lot of the commentary is relevant to both my life and society in general.

1. The Struggles of Being Awake

This is extremely relevant to someone like me, who naturally wakes up at one in the afternoon.

2. The Perils of Adulthood

One day you're carefree, the next day you realize you have to learn how to do taxes.

3. Society at Its Finest

Of course we've progressed, but there's still much more we can improve.

4. Coping Mechanisms

Sometimes, we all just need a good cry.

5. Refocusing for Our Goals

Even when we get off track, we can reevaluate and come out stronger in the end.

6. Being Honest About Your Feelings

It's okay to admit that you're struggling.

7. Adulthood is Hard

Being a certain age doesn't mean you have to have everything figured out.

8. Everyone Can Improve

You can always strive to be the best version of yourself.

If you're an animal fanatic, a cynic, or just genuinely enjoy comedies, definitely check out this series. I guarantee it will surprise you.