5 Reasons You Should Start Watching 'Bojack Horseman,' ASAP

It has all the things you could ever want in a show.

24

OK, I'm gonna come out and say it; I've never really been a fan of the whole adult cartoon genre because I think it's a bit weird and pointless.

Also, usually to me, they're not SUPER funny. Like the humor usually isn't my humor and I'm not often intrigued by it. Maybe it's conditioning but I usually imagine animation as being for children, not for adults. So, I've always thought it was weird that they had cartoon characters but made them say curse words and called it "adult humor."

However, I gave 'Bojack Horseman' a shot. I'm not even entirely sure why but I did, and I don't regret it at all!

1. Relatable Characters

"Bojack Horseman" is a weird mix of human and animal characters. However, the animal characters still have all the same human situations and emotions, just sometimes mixed with animal characteristics.

So, that still makes me relate to them and their predicaments. Also, their emotions are so vivid and well conveyed and it's really something beautiful.

2. The Message

Obviously, the show is supposed to be funny, and it is. But I also think the writers of 'Bojack Horseman' do their best to incorporate important messages into the show, as well. They have a lot to say about human connection and emotions and how we treat others, all of which is extremely important.

They also do some pretty smart yet sly social commentary in the show, usually through the mouths of Bojack or Diane. And, as I would hope that you know, I really appreciate social justice, so having social commentary in a show that is supposed to be funny is a blessing.

3. It's Not A Huge Time Commitment

This show is only about 30 minutes per episode, which to me, is a lot easier to digest than hour-long episodes. And the seasons are generally pretty long, longer than eight episodes, so you have a lot to watch but it won't take up as much of your time. Especially if you end up hating it, at least you didn't waste your whole day.

4. It's On Netflix!

Literally, everyone has or has access to Netflix. So, saying you can't find it or it wasn't accessible to you, isn't an option! Also, what a perfect way to avoid doing homework, conversations, human interaction, all those sorts of things.

5. Again... It's funny!

I sometimes like to watch shows that are sad or heartwarming or dark. They're still good quality shows! But sometimes, I need something funny that won't make me cry to take my mind off of other shows, particularly "American Horror Story" and "Queer Eye." Because too much crying or dark is not good for anyone and I don't like feeling off balance.

Maybe you still aren't convinced! And to that I say, I don't really know how to help you! I'm kidding, but it really is a great show.

Bojack Horseman is a controversial character but he really does make you look inward and figure out how not to get yourself into the situations he gets himself into. Also, how not to treat people, the way he can treat others. It's a show that teaches you so much about the human condition whilst also making you laugh.