Every year for Thanksgiving my family makes something different. Sometimes it's a traditional turkey, sometimes it's a slab of ribs! But there is one dish we always have, and that is my grandma's famous pumpkin roll. Pumpkin spice cake rolled with cream cheese makes the perfect dessert. Especially if you're not a big fan of the traditional pumpkin pie. It's super quick and easy to make, and also delicious of course!
(Makes 10 servings)
-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-3 large eggs
-1 cup granulated sugar
-2/3 cup Libby's pure pumpkin
-8oz. softened cream cheese
-1 cup sifted powdered sugar
-6 tablespoons softened butter
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease 15x10 inch jelly roll pan, line with wax paper. Grease and flour the wax paper.
3. Sprinkle a towel with powdered sugar.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a small bowl.
5. Beat eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl until thick. Stir in the pumpkin, then the flour mixture.
6. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the top of the cake springs back when touched.
8. Loosen the cake and turn onto the prepared towel. Then carefully peel off the wax paper.
9. Roll up the cake and towel together, starting from the narrow end. Cool on a wire rack.
10. Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in a small bowl until smooth.
11. Carefully unroll the cake and remove the towel.
12. Spread cream cheese mixture over the cake and re-roll.
13. Wrap cake in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
14. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving!