Christmas, to many, is the greatest time of the year. Christmas is a time to gather with family and celebrate. It is a time to eat amazing food and drink to your heart's content (or until your mother starts scolding you despite the fact that you are a grown adult). This holiday season, don't waste your time and money on drinks that are sub-par, here are some great recipes you'll want to share.
1. Christmas Sangria
- 2 750 ml bottles of your favorite white wine blend or Riesling
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 oranges, sliced thin
- 6 ounces cranberries, about 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 cups ginger ale, or club soda for a less sweet version
- In a large pitcher, combine the white wine, pomegranate pieces, orange slices, cranberries and pomegranate juice.
- Chill for one hour or more.
- Stir in the ginger ale and serve.
2. 'The Grinch' Cocktail
- 3 oz peach schnapps
- 3 oz Bacardi® 151 rum
- 12 oz orange juice
- 4 oz Sprite® soda
- 3 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
1. Mix in a large pitcher and serve.
3. Peppermint White Russian
-1 /2-2 oz. Smirnoff Peppermint Twist Vodka
-1 oz. Kahlua
-Milk 2 percent or higher
1. Pour Smirnoff Peppermint Twist Vodka and Kahlua into a glass over ice.
2. Add a splash of milk.
4. 'Jack Frost' Cocktail
- Light corn syrup for rimming glasses
- Flaked coconut for rimming glasses
- 8 cups ice (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1 cup pineapple juice Coupons
- ½ cup blue curacao
- ½ cup vodka or light rum (I used vodka)
- ½ cup cream of coconut
- Rim the glasses: Pour a thin layer of corn syrup onto a plate and dip the rims into the corn syrup, then dip in coconut flakes.
- In a blender, blend ice, pineapple juice, blue curacao, vodka and cream of coconut until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
5. Santa's Little Ho Ho
-1 Bottle of Champagne
-1 Bottle of Ginger Ale (Canada Dry)
-2 (10 0z.) Packages of Frozen Strawberries Partially Thawed
1. In large punch bowl combine ingredients.
2. Gently stir and serve.
6. White Christmas Mimosa
-White Cranberry Juice
1. (Optional) dip glasses in corn syrup then colored sugar
equal parts Prosecco and white cranberry juice to each glass.
3. Garnish with frozen cranberries.
Disclaimer: Please drink responsibly!