Is Disney Really The Happiest Place On Earth?

The Disney franchise is full of disturbing facts and creepy rumors.

62
Walt Disney

Disney has so many magical qualities. The parks bring in thousands of visitors every year. Between the rides, the characters, and the shows, there is never a boring moment.

It isn't just the parks that bring happiness. Almost every child in the country has a collection of Disney movies and music in their houses.

Disney is one of my favorite things on the planet. I grew up watching the movies on repeat and singing the music around the house. For me, Disney really is the happiest place on Earth.

There are actually some facts about Disney that the company probably doesn't wasn't you to know. Is Disney really the happiest place on Earth?

Walt Disney is the creator of the franchise. He brought happiness to millions of children so you would think he was a nice person. That is actually debatable. Walt Disney was known to associate with Nazis. He actually hosted one in his studio during the Second World War to promote her new movie.

With someone questionable creating the parks, the parks are bound to have some secrets. One has to do with the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Real bones are used as decorations throughout the entire boat ride. That isn't the only ride with dead people. In the Haunted Mansion ride, it is a tradition for guests to sprinkle the ashes of their loved ones on the floors. Staff are known to vacuum every night so that the people the next day don't have to sit in ashes. One more disturbing rumor is about the dolls in It's a Small World. Staff say that the dolls come alive at night and haunt the ride. They are said to move and sometimes disappear. I always thought the song was a little creepy so the rumor doesn't surprise me.

Perhaps the most well known rumor about Disney happens to not be true. It is said that Walt Disney's frozen body is buried under the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The body is waiting to be dethawed and resurrected. Much to the disappointment of Disney fans, the rumor is untrue. He was actually cremated and buried.

The Disney franchise is full of disturbing facts and creepy rumors. While Disney brings so much happiness to children all around the world, is it really the happiest place on Earth?