The greatest lesson of a Hallmark movie...hope

Hallmark movies are beloved amongst society and one of the greatest lessons of all from Hallmark movies is that of hope.

7

It's the most wonderful time of the year…a time of friends, family, kindness and hallmark movies. We all know the storyline for any hallmark movie ever: a small-town boy finds a city girl, they fall in love and can't be together because of certain circumstances, then they end up together in the end. Hallmark movies are the feel-good go-to movie we all enjoy during the holiday season, but the storyline of hallmark movies teaches a lesson of hope.

Every hallmark movie has a happy ending and even though it sometimes seems that life throws nothing but boulders in our way, it's important to always have hope. It is important to have hope that things will work out you will find your own hallmark happy ending. Sometimes the greatest blessings and greatest miracles come when we least expect it.

Just like every hallmark movie, there's always the heart-wrenching moment where the two main characters don't seem to end up together, but things always work out. It couldn't be a hallmark movie if there wasn't a happy ending. As human beings, we all experience tragic moments that we feel we can't come back from, but the truth is we can always come back and things will work out. There's a quote I truly love, "everyone deserves a happy ending and if you're not happy, it's not the end." Just like a Hallmark movie when things don't seem to work out you know it's not the end and that can be applicable to life. We all deserve a happy ending and so if things aren't looking very bright then it's clearly not the end.

I believe this is always overlooked in hallmark movies, we always get caught up in the happy ending and don't seem to think a fairytale ending is possible but in fact, it is. Now your fairytale ending might look different from a hallmark movie ending, but the happy endings all have something in common and that is happiness. That happiness is also something that the main characters want and not what everyone else wants. We must consider our emotions and feelings when making decisions and if we do what makes us happy things will work out and that happy ending will be found.

We must have hope on this crazy rollercoaster ride we call life. Keep holding on to that hope, I promise that things will, in fact, work out for you and you will find your own hallmark happy ending.