Travis Scott: The Prodigy

Travis Scott: The Prodigy

"La Flame"

158
Travis Scott: The Prodigy
justrendscend.files.wordpress.com

The flame won't extinguish. Travis Scott is a 24-year-old rapper from Houston, Texas. Above all, Travis is a loyal man, who greatly reps and dials into his hometown. He is a great performer if you ever see him live. Scott dropped out of college after only two years to pursue a music career.His family disowned him and were highly upset by his decisions. At a point in his life, he was absolute homeless. His grandmother helped raise and support him. Scott is the protege of legend Kanye West. For the most part, Travis is a pure genius being able to produce his own music, he is even said to have helped and produced some music on Kanye's highly acclaimed album "Yeezus." He has been releasing a lot of material in the last couple of years. In an abundance of his songs he showcases partying, drugs, and getting girls. Things fans of rap and hip hop love to hear. Other topics like living your life how you want to live it.

Travis has released a couple of bangers throughout his career like the song "Pick up the Phone." This was a chill song about calling a girl and having her pick up the phone. It's a simple song where he sings his heart out. Scott produces great music for chilling with some friends and for partying. Travis has a great speciality in his singing voice. Identically, a song he is featured in Madeintyo's, "Uber Everywhere," was another great song about riding around in an Uber to go just about anywhere. Another song "A Team" shows his great flow and features a nice jazzy beat.

Travis launched his career with his EP "Owl Pharaoh." This mixtape delivered his humble beginnings and described his many obstacles he had to face in his life. He portrays his struggles with his family and not getting along with them at all. Although, It is easy to see there were flaws in the tape. Something interesting and unique that Travis does in some of these tracks is being able to change the beat, pace, and flow right away in the middle of the song.

Then came Travis's mixtape "Days before Rodeo" which had absolute fire songs. It starts off with a nice, grimy opener called "The Prayer." Songs like "Quintana Pt. 2" and "Mamacita" were hit songs that had great production and bars. You could tell Travis from this album was gaining ground and improving since his last project with his bars, flow, and better production.

"Rodeo" was an amazing album on Scott's upcoming and his ultimate rise to fame. The album has high trap beats and dark ones. The album has an overall great style to it. It gives off chill and good vibes although. Furthermore, it is a clever album with a theme of mastering your own life. Exactly like the album's name implies "Rodeo," like a cowboy riding a bull at a rodeo. It is no easy task by any means, but it can be mastered with practice and hard work. The rodeo also implies the partying and drugs in Texas and surviving through it all. The first song "Pornography" mentions his mother kicking him out. He has a memorable line "let your ambitions carry you." Travis sure did. One standout song on this album "Oh My Dis Side" has a great singing voice and great repetition where it repeats "Oh My." It also starts the album off very well with a dark tone of "Oh my." It depicts his many accomplishments, buying his own house. The track "Nightcrawler" is a good song, with a good chorus about nightlife. The song "Piss on Your Grave" is a good song with the legend Kanye West. It has great guitar strings and transitions to a killer beat that goes off on people who hate. Obviously, it shows some good chemistry among them.

His star song "Antidote" features a nice beat and a dreamy state. It is a song about having fun, doing drugs, and popping pills. The track "Impossible" is a good dreamy song, where Travis talks about his strong ambitions, dreams, and love. "Maria I'm Drunk" features a nice chill song that is catchy to jam out with friends. Justin Bieber gives a good verse and he fits well into the track. An evil song on the track is "I Can Tell" that goes well with the album. Singularly, "Apple Pie" is a good song and it is an ode to his mother and it states that he is on his own now and that he is a man. It also showcases his style of changing the beat in the middle of the song and the pace. It is one of my favorite songs on the album. In addition, the track shows Travis Scott's great combination of both singing and rapping. "Flying High" has a nice beat and it is catchy. It's another track about fun and it is a banger. Travis has come into his own on this album. The album did very well and it showed Scott's improvements and his rise as a rapper.

We are still awaiting Scott's upcoming album "Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight" and after this his debut album "Astroworld." His album "Birds in the Trap" has been delayed due to him creating a short film along with the album. No doubt, this album will be out soon. Travis went and chased his dream, he did whatever he could to make it. He worked diligently and is truly gifted with his combination of singing and rapping. One thing I can say for sure is I can't utterly hate this man, I mean we do share the same birthday. The flame will continue to shine.