The Great Media Evil

The Great Media Evil

A factory of talking heads.

82
The Great Media Evil
FOX

Fox News. A name intertwined with conservatism, racism, fabrication, and documentaries about its tactics and brainwashing abilities. The most popular news media platform in America, its survival and infamy in the information cycle belittles all else; Fox is the great white hope, the bastion which plays tricks and utilizes language and rhetoric to indoctrinate and destroy.

The construction of such a network relies on its subtlety and ability to condition the viewer into its own belief systems through repetition, phrasing, and passive remarks. The way the host speaks, the guests they bring on, the structure of the segments, the colors, the camera angles, and the rebel mentality built into each news cycle slowly ingratiates the viewer into a political yes-man. Being overt in its positions would only result in failure, so instead it slowly inducts them into its cult of misinformation and singularity. The surface viewing of its programming and ignorance of the techniques used only benefits the news network more; every detail that constructs the program is contrived, not arbitrary, and exists to reach an end goal of conservatism and division.

You could randomly select any segment from the channel for close-watching, which is what makes this exercise so painfully easy and accessible. The specificity of segment or host matters not, as all of them share the same ideology and repeat the network's talking points in the same replicated fashion. The color choice of red, white, and blue preys upon the patriotism intrinsic to conservatives, and the consistent restating of talking points and opinions throughout the day functions as a functional training to indoctrinate. From a casual viewing, the same topics will be discussed repeatedly throughout the day -- democratic scandals, how white people are discriminated against, the economies success under republican leadership, and the "insanity" of the younger generations. Play these topics on every show under a different headline and before long, the viewer may actually believe the garbage that the channel spews out. The shows on the channel have no substantive difference; only the face, and the tone / presentation change.

Its old slogan of "Fair and Balanced" functioned as the crux of its platform: misinformation under the guise of fairness. The viewer believes they were watching different standpoints, despite being force fed the same opinion over and over. Hosts may be brought on, yes, but they are either outnumbered, talked over, used as a punching bag, or intentionally unable to articulate their arguments. Or, the "correct" opinion is stated prior to their arrival, or already an apparent tenant of the network's talking heads.

Fox News additionally believes it exists in a vacuum of truth. They deride the "mainstream media," while simultaneously being the most watched news network in America. This "rebel mentality" or feeling of being the odd-one-out makes its message only that much stronger and pervasive. The cognitive dissonance and inherent conflict with its both openly touted statements of being popular, and being victimized, means nothing to the network; they are the paradigm they deride, but their viewers lie unaware to it all.