To The Girl Who Was Just #Ghosted

To The Girl Who Was Just #Ghosted

Like Lizzo says, "You could've had a bad b*tch."

21
https://www.pickpik.com/people-girl-travel-alone-woman-wearing-57066
PIckPik

If you're a Millennial or Gen Z, the term "ghosted" is probably one you've heard (or said) plenty of times. What does it mean? If you don't know, being ghosted means that the person you like, and have been talking to on a consistent basis, stops talking to you without warning, rhyme or reason. Rude, right? I agree.

In any case, it hurts to be ghosted. Especially as a girl, when a guy just randomly decides to stop talking to us, our minds tend to think the worst. I know I always wonder, "wait, what's wrong with me?" or "why aren't I good enough?" The answer, sis, is nothing is wrong with you. It's not you, it's him. It may sound cliche, but it's true. It may hurt like hell, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with you and you were never the problem.

Whether he fears commitment, is too immature, or even just stuck on an ex-girlfriend, the problem is him. If he can't see the diamond in front of him then that's his loss! I know it's easy to get caught up in the fact that this guy you liked (or girl you liked) left without warning, you are better off without that person in the long run. Trust me on that one.

Coming from someone who was just ghosted also, I gotta tell you - screw 'em. Point blank, simple as that.

Unfortunately, getting ghosted (or being the one doing the ghosting) has become so normalized. Most people our age don't know how to have real relationships anymore, to be honest, and that's one of the biggest reasons why you shouldn't take it seriously if someone decides they can't handle you. Communication isn't something that the people in our age group know how to handle well, which is why they just leave. It's easier, or so they say. It doesn't make it OK by any means, but it's the way people seem to handle things now.

Whatever you do, just please don't let the (wrong) opinion of one person send you down a dark path, because I've let it happen before and it's pointless in the long run. Actually, what you should do is let this lesson teach you to love yourself even more and not let the opinions of others determine your own self-worth. Let that fuel you. Fuel your comeback and your glo' up. And when they regret letting you go, don't take them back!

It's easier said than done, I know. The best advice I can give you is to try and not dwell on someone who obviously couldn't see your worth. If you're lucky, you'll even see the red flags you ignored before, and you'll learn to see them in the future.

You are gold, baby. Solid gold. Don't forget it!