To The Girl That Feels Like She's Drowning

You won't feel like this forever

374
Raquel Torres

The thing about her is that she is strong.

She wakes up in the morning with the weight of the world on her shoulders, and still manages to carry on.

She's been weary for a while now.

The things she's been through have got her feeling tired and feeling weak,

But she refuses to let that show.

At times she breaks down, even when she's trying her best not to.

She'll break down at the moment her pencil accidentally falls out of her hand, but she does this when no one's looking.

She's trying her hardest to keep going.

If you hear her sigh it's not because she's frustrated.

It's because she's gasping for air.

She's drowning.

But that won't be the end of her.

She'll get up in the morning and do what she needs to do without complaints, she'll do that and more because at the end of the day, she's strong. She'll cry, she'll break down, she'll gasp for air, but she will make it.

To the girl that feels like she's drowning-

You won't feel like this forever. You'll eventually learn what it is to continue even with the weight of the world on your shoulders. You'll learn from your mistakes and your hurts.

You'll be stronger than what you are now, you'll have the conscious of a wise woman, you'll rise from where you're drowning.

But most importantly, remember that you're a gem. And you've got to remember to take care of yourself first.

So gasp for air all you need, close your eyes and tell yourself you'll make it. I promise you will.