To The Girl I Really Never Gave Enough Credit To

"You deserve all the credit on the world because you have always been there for me through every tough patch in life, but i was not always there for you and i apologize deeply for that."

18

Dear My Good Influence,

(Because that is what you have always been on me.)

Thank you for being that friend that always yells and screams at me when I need it. Before you came along, I didn't think I would benefit from a friend yelling at me. You are always there to shake me awake at the times I need it most. You are always up to hanging out and that's what I love most about you most. Hanging out with me at times means with my mom and grandma and you still don't shy away.

Before my grandma passed, she made sure I knew that she absolutely adored you. She loved you for many reasons but, you were her favorite out of my friends because of the way you treat me. You have never hurt me. You always sat with her and eagerly watched movies despite the times I was absent napping or doing school work. She loved when you sat and talked with her. She would tell me all about it if I wasn't in there with y'all. So when I say it meant the world to her, it really did.

Thank you for always screaming your lungs out with me in the car to all our new favorite songs that always include many throwbacks. Thank you for the everyday trips after school to the Churn to get ice cream before your softball practice. Thank you for always being down to acting like a kid.Thank you for always taking on new things with me and handling each new adventure with enthusiasm and bravery.

I want to take the time to now apologize. I apologize for not always being there when you needed me. When the flood happened and you couldn't even make it down your road, of course, I texted and checked on you but I should have been there for you more. I feel like I have let you down as being one of your best friends and not showing you what a real one is at all times. I promise to stay trying to do better. You don't know how bad I feel about it all. I wish I could go back in time and change things but I can't so we have to keep moving forward.

With that being said, I hope you get into the college of your dreams and become the next Christina Yang! It's tough, really tough, but don't give up if that's what you really want to do! It'll be so worth it in the end. I promise.

Lastly, Thank you for bringing me closer to God. You have such a big impact of me going to church. Thank you for reminding me to always trust in him and his ways. Grandma was my person who always tried to keep me right with Him so now I hope you stay that person that does it for me. I will always do the same for you. I love you and I look forward to our many more adventures together!

signed,

the girl who should've done more

ps. you're the only friend who has ever had a key to my house! (yes feel special!)