To the Girl Before Me

To the Girl Before Me

46
google images

There are many things I could say to you and frankly I don't even know where to start. A part of me, a small very minuscule part of me, feels bad for you. You lost out on a great man. A man who would treat you like a princess. One of the sweetest most caring guys was at your fingertips willing to make you the happiest girl and you took every opportunity to walk all over him. Shoving your heels so far into his back, you never thought he'd be able to stand up for himself.

At that thought my blood start to boil and my insides twist in anger. You hurt him every chance you got, digging deep into his insecurities to make yourself feel better. You "didn't think he'd leave you?!" Well surprise, someone can only bend so far before they break. You are the worst kind of person who deserves the loneliness she creates for herself. It's comical watching you try and be a better person towards him to 'win him back' but the artificial behavior is quite transparent. As if those who are in this world were solely created with the purpose of serving you. Your entitlement to everything makes the ugliness on the outside ooze into your insides. You live in a fantasy world and one day the glass around your snow-globe life will shatter with the reality that your egotistical, attention seeking attitude will land you no where. Hold off on sending the invitations to the pity party though, because you only did it to yourself.

The true intent of this letter however, brings me an overwhelming sense of ease because I can't thank you enough for being horrible because I can now show him what he deserves; a woman who cherishes and loves him to no limits. You broke him down and now I get to build him back up with the love and support he needs. I get to love him in every way, and every day for the rest of life because you couldn't see what you had in front of you. Unlike you, I will make sure to appreciate every minute I have of him, of being his fiance and soon enough wife, a title you'll never know the feeling of having. I'll never let him feel like he is unworthy. He is more than worthy, sometimes I think he is worthy of way more than me and because of this I will strive to appreciate him more than you or any one else for that matter ever has. You had your chance to be with him and you treated him like a doormat. Years down the line I hope to come across you again to show you how an amazing happy life with the most wonderful man looks like because I'm sure you won't be experiencing anything close to it . Now it's my turn to love him and I promise I'll do a way better job then you ever did.

xoxo

the future Mrs.S