To The Guy Who Treated Me Like Crap
popular

To The Guy Who Treated Me Like Crap

In many ways, I feel bad that you could never see how amazing I am.

42106
To The Guy Who Treated Me Like Crap

Dear (insert guy's name here),

I'm sorry that I acted as your footstool for so long. You treated me terribly, and for some reason, I couldn't see that. I only saw you as someone who liked me and wanted to be with me (at least, that's what I thought). I was like a little puppy dog following you around, completely loving and loyal. I was always waiting for you to text me, posting Snapchat stories for the sole purpose of knowing you would see them and always hoping you would come around when I was out with my friends so I could show you off.

No matter how hard I wanted us to work out, I now realize it never would have.

You weren't right for me because you treated me like I was your inferior. You were always talking to other girls, flirting with them, and treating me like a child. You were so selfish. Only doing what you wanted and coming around when you felt like it and taking advantage of me. You made me feel crazy when I got mad at you for all the little things. I was so caught up in you that I tried to ignore all of the signals right in front of me.

You just weren't right for me.

I now know that the right guy for me is the one who respects me and chooses me over everyone else. The guy who never makes me feel insane for questioning something, the guy who understands when he's done something wrong and can live with the consequences. You just simply couldn't provide that for me. In many ways, I feel bad that you could never see how amazing I am.

While I may have been so upset when our relationship ended, it made me realize who I am and what I deserve. I deserve so much more than someone putting in 50%. I deserve an endless amount of respect and communication. Putting in your all for a relationship when they can't do the same is not healthy and it's childish. I hope someday you can find a girl that you can love infinitely but I take a lot of pride in knowing that girl won't be me. I may be single for a really long time or I may find the one tomorrow, either way, I have so much hope that one day someone can give me their all and make me feel incredible.

For now, I'm done wasting my time on guys like you who make me feel miserable.

Sincerely,
The One Who Got Away