'Buzzfeed Unsolved' Is The YouTube Series You Didn't Know You Needed

There's nothing quite like two grown men ghost hunting and having an absolutely ridiculous time doing it.

29

"Buzzfeed Unsolved" is a little YouTube series I discovered a few weeks ago and promptly binged the hell out of. I know what your first thought is: Buzzfeed? Really? Everyone knows that Buzzfeed has just about no journalistic value and that its only real worth lies in the pointless quizzes that tell you what Disney princess you are or what you should eat for breakfast based on your astrological sign. And a little bit ago, I would've agreed. But then I started watching Buzzfeed Multiplayer, in which different employees play different video games, which led me to Buzzfeed Unsolved, in which the Ghoul Boys discuss unsolved crimes and go ghost hunting.

Buzzfeed Unsolved is a series in which two friends, Ryan and Shane, set out to finally prove that ghosts are real. Well, Ryan is setting out to prove that ghosts are real. Shane, a skeptic, is along for the ride and the opportunity to scare the crap out of Ryan whenever he can in every haunted location they visit. They travel cross-country across the United States and even leave the country a few times in their quest for ghosts and mischief-making.

Between Ryan's fear in the face of flashlights turning on and off of their own accord and Shane's insistence at taunting demons and ghosts wherever they go, it's the ideal ghost hunting show. Just as the spooky occurrences are beginning to be too much, Shane lies down on a spray-painted pentagram and screams for a demon to eat his heart, or begins to sing the Mamma Mia soundtrack.

In five seasons, the Ghoul Boys have visited famous haunted locations all over the place, including the Sallie House, the London catacombs, the location of the Salem Witch Trials, and even a friend's house when she called them in. With the help of infrared cameras, a spirit box, and even occasionally seances and Ouija boards, they catch glimpses into what may be the world of the supernatural. Even the most hardcore skeptics will have a difficult time holding in their laughter as Ryan and Shane stumble their way through ghost towns and true crime discussions alike.