To The Friends Who Left Me Behind

To The Friends Who Left Me Behind

Never-ending friends.

8
To The Friends Who Left Me Behind
SantaBanta

Friendships are such a hard thing to get a grasp on. One minute you could be best friends, seeing each other everyday, laughing, memories, all that fun stuff. Next minute, you pass each other somewhere like you don't know each other. You awkwardly like each other's pictures, even a slight eye contact is weird. Why? They use to be your go to, your ride or die and now they're strangers, that use to be your other half.

I admit I have lost a lot of friends. There were stupid fights that we never got over, there was simply falling apart, moving off to college, etc. The longest friendship I have ever had is my current one of six years. But that's beside the point. The point is this nagging pain of losing someone you saw in your life, for the rest of your life. It's true what they say, "A best friend break up hurts more than a relationship break up."

So here is what I have to say to the friends that have left me on the back burner, to never return to. Thank you for the memories. Like laughing till 3 a.m. because you got stuck between my bed, and I wouldn't help because it was too funny. Thank you for being there for me when I felt like my life was falling apart. Thank you for making me feel wanted by someone. But it seems this is where our train has stopped and it's time for me to move on. We will find other friends, we will still feel the sting of hearing each other call someone else their best friend, but there is no point to this one way street. I wish you the best in your future shenanigans.

Life isn't about seeing who will be there for you through it all. It's about learning to live, and see who is willing to join in your journey. People will come and go like Ohio's weather, but if your constantly worrying about who will be there for the rest of your life, you'll have a tough time searching, and miss out on those memories. Stop holding onto things that are no longer there, or you'll never be happy.

And to my future friends, let our memories begin and laughs be endless.

-Heidi