To The Friends I Don’t Have Time For Right Now

I haven’t forgotten you.

46
D-Files

Most people have an endless number of friends throughout their lifetime. The number can double or triple when we add in the number of “friends” we have on social media.

No matter how many people you consider your friends, it is likely you will fall out with the majority of them. The friends you had as kids are probably not your friends now. You might not even be friends with the people you considered your best friends in high school!

The fact that my friend group would be constantly changing is something that I came to accept while in high school, I thought everything would change in college.

For the first year, my primary group of friends remained stagnate, with a few add-ons every so often. I just assumed this is how it would be for the other three years of college, but it’s just like many friendships from before. Same situation, different people.

Though I know this is all a part of life, I still find myself regretting not making time for the people who don’t naturally slip into my life. The busier I get, the easier it is to let important people walk out of my life.

This is not something I planned. This was (usually) not something I wanted. I want to be able to rebuild those relationships. I just don’t have the time right now!

So, to those people who I haven’t been able to spend much time with, regardless of if we go to school together or you live hundreds of miles apart, or where our relationship stands now, I have not forgotten the impact you’ve had on my life.

I want you to know that I still care deeply for you.

I want you to know that I would drop anything and make time for you if you ever needed me.

You are just as worth my time as any other person in my life, and you are certainly not a waste of my time! You simply don't fit as easily into my life as you did before.

When people ask who your closest friends are, I hope I make it somewhere on your list. You will certainly make it onto mine.

If you find yourself thinking of me, I hope you not only remember the fun memories that we've made, but also think about what the future holds for our friendship.

We may not be able to casually spend time together now, but when we reunite, I hope nothing changes.

I hope when we have time to spare for one another, we can catch up and chat for hours like we were never apart.

I want you to know that you are still a major part of my life. You fill a place in my heart that no one else could, and though that space is a little empty now, it won't be forever.

Whether it's tomorrow, next month, or in five years, I want you to come back and reclaim your spot in my life and heart.

I want your kids to think of me as a member of the family.

I want other people to talk about our friendship and be in awe at how long we've been there to support one another.

I want you to be a life long friend, and I'm willing to do a lot to make sure that happens.

For now, thank you for being in my life. I am sorry we can’t physically be in each other’s lives as often right now, but if I have an extra moment to breathe, I hope I get to share that breath with you.

Don’t forget me and my love. I haven’t forgotten you and yours.