The Flavors of Fall

The Flavors of Fall

Apples, and pumpkins, and cinnamon, oh my!

16
The Flavors of Fall
The Latin Kitchen

Autumn really is one of the best seasons for cooking and baking - not just because of the recipes, but because there's just something about being in the kitchen that has a distinctly autumn fall for me. Maybe it's memories of cutting up apples with my mom for homemade applesauce or different sides of my family in various years gathered in the kitchen, cooking Thanksgiving dinner. No matter why, I love baking in the fall and I wanted to share a few recipes with y'all. They're largely ones I have to try still, so I can't vouch for them, but they still look tasty!

1. Snickerdoodle banana bread

Just warning ya, I'm going to feature snickerdoodles a lot in this post. They're a perfect fall/winter staple, no matter what form they come in. I love a good quick bread, so try this one.

2. Cinnamon lamb stew

Stews and soups are perfect as the days get colder. I'd love to try this recipe over Thanksgiving or Christmas break.

3. Pumpkin cookies

What's fall without pumpkin? Plus, look how luscious that frosting is.

4. Pumpkin buttermilk biscuits

The idea of pumpkin biscuits (the American type) is a bit wild, I'll admit. But can you just imagine these for a Saturday brunch - or on Thanksgiving morning?

5. Skillet apple biscuits

More biscuits! Except they're made with another classic fall ingredient - apples.

6. Chicken tortellini soup

Everyone loves chicken noodle soup, right? Well, here's a twist on the childhood favorite.

7. Apple snickerdoodle cobbler

Cobblers are great potluck food. I also have a feeling this one'll taste a lot like pie.

8. Pumpkin cheesecake muffins

I love baking muffins. If I had a little more time and a few more resources, I'd definitely make these this fall.

9. Pumpkin snickerdoodles

My mom LOVES snickerdoodles, so I think I might have to make these over Thanksgiving break...

10. Roasted red pepper and Gouda soup

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F01%2F636108815083833788-421179340_WEBRedPepperGouda1.jpg%3Fresize%3D620%252C948&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=434&h=2544b3126338d4ab0a8bc9e44089976c9578ee1bf2e1202b37c02e304152c70a&size=980x&c=715466832 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F10%252F01%252F636108815083833788-421179340_WEBRedPepperGouda1.jpg%253Fresize%253D620%25252C948%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D434%26h%3D2544b3126338d4ab0a8bc9e44089976c9578ee1bf2e1202b37c02e304152c70a%26size%3D980x%26c%3D715466832%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]My university's bistro had this as a weekly special a couple weeks ago, and it was so tasty!

11. Apple pie crescent bites

Small and cute, I think these would be good for any fall luncheon (or maybe even dinner party?) you host.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go write all these recipes into my book so readers will hate me for all the delicious food I describe.