The Few Things We Forget To Thank Our Best Friends For

A simple "thank you" will never be enough.

42

She's your go-to gal, your tear catcher, your outfit picker, your partner in crime, the one person who seems to get you when no one else does... she's your best friend. You have a million memories, thousands of inside jokes and hundreds of secrets. You honestly couldn't imagine not having her in your life. A close friend is truly a treasure found and sometimes we forget to thank our best friend for being that treasure you were lucky to stumble upon. Of course a simple thank you could never completely sum up everything you need to say.

Thank you for not saying I told you so.

Even though I know you told me a million times dating that guy was going to end up badly or that decision I made would end up the exact way you said it would.

Thank you for drying my tears.

Thank you for crying with me. I know you hate seeing me upset, especially from heart break, but thank you for being the first to say it will be OK and we will get through this

Thank you for the late night conversations.

Especially now that we are both away for school sometimes I just need my hometown BFF, no one gets it like you do.

Thank you for defending me.

People talk, especially in small towns. Thank you for not being afraid not stand up for me.

Thank you for being my voice of reason.

Sometimes I’m a tad ridiculous.

Thank you for the jam sessions in the car.

Somehow singing Fall Out Boy with the windows down can cure any bad mood.

Thank you for being ready for the screenshots.

And for always having the perfect response.

Thank you for the adventures.

Whether it’s a mini road trip, a late night trip to Sheetz or whatever crazy idea we have next I always have the best time with you.

Thank you for the laughs.

I’m still hoping to get that six pack from laughing so much

Thank you for calling me out.

Sometimes I think crazy things or don't act on the feelings I may have so thank you for not being afraid to tell me when I am wrong or I am being completely insane. Sometimes you are all I need to realize what I am doing.

Thank you for staying.

People come and go in our lives, but I am so thankful you were not one to go, and I am even more thankful that you are here to stay.

Most importantly, thank you for being you.

I couldn't imagine calling anyone else my best friend. You are an amazing young women who deserves nothing but the best.

Although we don’t get to talk as much as we'd like and life has become hectic for the both of us I know I can always count of her and when we are together it is like we haven’t missed a second. We have many adventures to come and I can't wait for the next crazy idea we come up with. You're the peanut to my butter, the star to my burst and the best to my friend, or however that goes.