Save Yourself

Save Yourself

The realities of drowning can be seen on the faces of everyone surrounding you.

151
Save Yourself
Bombast

To feel as though one is drowning is the scariest feeling of them all. The world is but an ocean, pushing you further down into its depths wave after wave; responsibilities, heartache, failure. Each wave hits harder than the last, furthering the damage of the wave before it. The ocean holds no mercy, feels no sympathy. It is but a force full of strength, picking up power each and every day; picking up power through each and every fault. It is but the beginning and the end, the good and the bad.

The waves of the ocean can be seen as a symbol of hope and survival. Each new wave holds in it the proof of surviving the waves previous to it. Each new wave teaches you how to prepare for the next one. The survival of these waves is a symbol of personal strength, determination. By learning techniques to prepare for the next wave, you are bettering your chance at success. Success, a twisted sense of the word is now apparent throughout the world. Success is measured by the amount of money made, the attractiveness of your partner, the achievements made. Success is considered to be a visible concept, a distorted version of the purest form of success.

This purest form of success is the ability to be pushed further and further down, but deciding to make the choice to prepare for the next wave. It is realizing how far down you are, but understanding it only takes one step to get closer to the surface. It is constantly choosing to fight back against the forces against you. This success is not visible. It is not tangible. It cannot be measured by money, looks, or medals. It cannot be bragged upon or showed off. It is often shamed upon to admit the struggle to make the choice to keep fighting. Those who are forced to challenge their minds each day often feel weak, alone; they do not see the strength that they have. They only see the bad of the waves.

The waves of the ocean that are full of disappointments, seemingly to crush its opponent in the blink of an eye. Flushing them further down into despair by adding a wave of weakness, shame, helplessness. The waves of the ocean that continually cement that ideas held in the minds of those fighting against it. These waves do not pick their victims, but instead crushes all. Instead of washing away the stink of hopelessness, it flourishes in making it well known. The waves are but a reminder of what was and what is to come. A constant drowning force leaving its victim gasping for air, begging for a relief. A constant force claiming the lives of countless victims that have lost all strength in their fight.

Do not lose strength in the fight. Choose to see the good of the waves, the positivity of survival. Find the hope and learn the techniques to fight the next wave better than the last. Make the choice to take the first step that will get you closer to the top.

Make the choice. You are not alone.