Say, 'Hello!' To Your New Fav. Band, The Fallen Prodigy.
Friendships

Get Inside The Mind Of Vocalist, Jay Jimenez And How They're On The Road To Becoming The New Faces Of Metal-Core..

184

Have you ever wondered about the saying, 'Women do it better.' Well as far as being the lead vocalist and growler for The Fallen Prodigy goes, it holds true. With that being said, the group dropped their first full length album on April 7, 2018 with high aims to crush boundaries while breaking down any stereotypes the Metal-Core genre may carry. If you ask me, I think they're doing a pretty kick-a** job at it. So, stay tuned because I sat down with Jay Jimenez to see what she has to say on the topic. Oh and be sure to check out their music video for the single, "Fractured" off their NEW album, "Relive // Regret // Repeat."

1. So, tell us how you met?

- We met a few years ago on the internet. We were all searching for a group we could work with and came across each other. Then we all met up, like one big blind date, haha. We also just recently added our bassist Jonathan to the mix, and he's been a great and positive addition to the band.

2. What kind of music were you listening to in high school?

- I was definitely listening to a little bit of everything. I was listening to everything from Rap, to Spanish, to Metal, and more. If I had to name a few, All That Remains, Mariah Carey, and still one of my top faves...the 'In The Heights' Musical Soundtrack, haha. I love music, so if I can jam to it it's definitely on my list.

3. What musical influences inspire your sound?

- We draw inspiration from everything. Because we all listen to different things, we all bring different skills to the table. Our core sound definitely is inspired by Killswitch Engage and Parkway Drive, but the elements surrounding our sound are always changing depending on our current idea.

4. What could we catch you doing when you aren't playing music?

- Working, haha we all keep busy schedules with work and practice. During our super down time, you'll find us cooking up some new tunes. We love to write, it keeps us motivated.

5. What's the funniest thing that has happened to you as a band recently?

- This is a tough question because we're always laughing at each other. What came to mind first was when we went to Syracuse to play with our friends in A Greater Danger. We were back in our hotel room and our drummer, Joe, was already asleep. We spent like half an hour throwing cards from a deck we bought at him and hitting him....then it turned into this all out war in the room. Cards everywhere.

6. What is your goal for the metal-core genre?

- We honestly want to just make music that people love and can relate to. Music has been such a major outlet for all of us, we want to do the same for others.

7. How has your music evolved since you first started playing together?

- Our new album, Relive//Regret//Repeat, is definitely more complex and heavier than our EP. We really pushed ourselves while writing that album and were constantly cycling through different ideas until we settled on what the best sound was. It was a long process, but the result was worth it.

8. What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?

- The best advice I could give is, "Don't give up." It's a very long and demanding process. You just have to push through. Someone amazing once told me "Hone your craft. You will be a better musician for it and derive more pleasure." That's the best advice I've ever gotten and I'll continue to spread that piece of wisdom.

9. If you could describe your sound with a zoo animal what would it be and why?

- I think it would definitely be a Rhino, haha. We like to write tracks that just hit head on and have huge impact.

10. How did you come up with your band name?

- Our guitarist Daniel had come up with the name before we all got together. We liked it so we just rolled with it, haha.