The Enlightened Oath of Allegiance

The Enlightened Oath of Allegiance

Technocrats and Meritocrats Must Enlighten Themselves To Their Role In The Revitalization Of American Democracy
6

Military and Intelligence agencies, among numerous other institutions of the United States, see themselves as being legitimized by their merited skills and technical capabilities. Their oaths are to transcended ideals, not any one individual or ideology. This is a respectable position but one that must be objectively earned. If the military and intelligence agencies are the honorable technocrats and meritocrats they claim to be, then they must call for new elections for presidency of the United States and of other elected positions like Congress and state/local officials. The scenario of new elections could be as simple as reordering the two nominees that were calculated to have been counterparts: Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders, the two decisions on actual direction of the sustainability of the Union. Just as the decision of the 1900 election decided the choice in direction of the United States character following the Spanish American war between the presidency of William McKinley or William Jennings Bryan; so too is the ideas of a Trump-Sanders election.

A military coup is not an acceptable answer. The direct democratic authority of the nation is inherent in the Constitution as a legal document. The threat of recent deregulations revolving climate protection is a direct threat to national security and the survival of the human species. The failures and crimes of foreign ventures such as bombings in Iraq are warranting of immediate investigation and dramatic reassessment. The terrorist threat of white supremacy has become undeniable in social discourse as a direct threat to the security of persons. The economic kleptocratic decisions of the current administration is threatening to siphon hundreds of billions of dollars away from the citizenry. Which also threatens to destabilize and destroy dozens of institutions of culture and knowledge, a crime denounced during the Nuremberg Trials. And the attempt to dismantle the Affordable Care Act would have resulted in numerous deaths of the citizenry. The arbitrary concepts of power that assert their current authority are extremely illusory and largely illegitimate. As mentioned in previous writings, the current Trump administration, Congress, and soon to be Supreme Court has little legitimacy when fully analyzed as an institutional government. Their means of gaining power was arguably achieved through a slow motion coup d'état: whether it was the corrupt electoral college that bypassed the national vote, the gerrymandering of congressional districts, the evidence of nationwide voter suppression on all levels, the illegitimacy of the appointed Supreme Court nominee made by the 45th president rather than the 44th president to whom the seat space became void, and the immense moneyed interests active throughout elections of all forms.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Loyalty to the Constitution is loyalty to the American People; all peoples, not an elite few. Let us revitalize our democracy by removing gerrymandering from all district on all levels of governments, holding new elections, removing all money from the political process, ensuring the security of persons to all peoples, rejuvenating our environment, guaranteeing the right to vote for all, reassessing all foreign ventures, making healthcare a universal right, and democratizing the economy. The game of power must end, it is time for the peoples of the United States to mature for the sake of survival.