The End of DACA, Now What?

The End of DACA, Now What?

Trump's unmoral decision to end DACA threatens young Dreamer's dreams.

78
The End of DACA, Now What?
CatholicPhilly

I don’t agree with Trump’s administration’s decision to rescind the DACA immigration program. They have torn so many people’s dreams and lives. The DACA population has very productive lives and this decision threatens their future and financial stability in the US. Many of these citizens have families to support and will no longer be able to when this passes by Congress.

Many young immigrants are in the middle of their studies in higher education.

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals is a program that has let nearly 800,000 young immigrants work and live in the United States.

A big outcry has occurred all over the country and especially coming from those affected.

The future for them is uncertain. According to William Finnegan in "Is Ending DACA the Worst decision Trump Has Made?", from the New Yorker, says this could be Trump's worst decision, he says, “The truth is that the U.S. economy needs immigrants, including those who are currently undocumented.” I agree with his statement because undocumented workers have been helping out this country when it is in crisis. I don’t think it's fair to take away these people’s right to work and risk their futures for whatever political reasons Trump may have.

My question is now...

What is Trump’s administration going to do with this huge population of young immigrants? My question is what are the benefits of ending DACA? This immigrant policy was passed during Obama's administration and now is being torn down by the republican administration and they give no reason to why except that Trump feels it's the right solution for what exactly, it is not stated.

Congress has the right to save it in this small window.

It's ridiculous how this decision has come about when we had a population for five years given the opportunity to work here and make lives. Now they are asked to give up those rights and do what exactly? The dreamers only know this home. They were brought here to make dreams come true and they only know this home called the United States of America.

All I can say is that the DACA recipients have uncertain futures.

The DACA recipients are not criminals, but people who are working hard to making their future better and making a significant contribution to the country. Trump is not correcting an Obama mistake, but rather he is undoing a progress that the last administration had made in regards to the immigration policies in this country.