Satire On Narrative: How I Learned To Let Go Of Things And Treat People As A Means To An End

Forgotten and stressed as I found myself, I learned how to let go of things.

24

I realized that I have power in this world, a power that is unfounded by anyone else: I am a writer.

I get to express myself and put emphasis on me and my story

Born to an untroubled past, I find it hard to get anyone to listen to me properly. I envy people who have had hardships in the past, how their character has grown and changed over time. Then, I realized something: I can live vicariously through other people, treating people as if I have lived with them. Not only does this secure me as an empath, as I am able to understand other people's hardships and feelings, but this gives me character development. I am able to adapt other's perspectives as my own. Not only does this give other people meaning within my worldview, but it also creates these people as my worldview.

I learned to let go and write

I found myself troubled and alone in this world, I had nothing to grasp. My life is just too perfect for this horrible and cruel world. With this perfection that I possess, I decided long ago that I would become a famous writer. I can't just become a lowly writer, I must become famous as I need to impact as many numbers as I can. I have made so many friends these past few years, and using their stories in my writing creates a flavorful combination of words that attract many different types of readers. I need to appeal to multiple people at a time.

Writing has given me a special privilege in this world

As a writer, I receive little to no financial support (besides the checks in the mail that my parents send me every semester), so, in lieu of an income, I expect the world do me favors. I know there is a God out there, and since I am writing scripture, He will bend the free will of others in order to give me convenience. No one truly knows how important my influence on this world will get.

The objectification, the materialism of my work cements it as a true work of art. I am a product of my time, and I will produce as much as possible in order to make a deadline. I will get my head start in any way possible, even if I have to post on a predatory forum.