The Dressing Room Game

The Dressing Room Game

wrote this about a year ago and it’s crazy to see how some things have changed… even if you’re not in ED recovery maybe this will resonate or help you❤️

12
The Dressing Room Game

Dressing rooms are hard. The mirror bends, angles, and shapes your body in a way that makes you question what your true appearance is. The bright, fluorescent lighting shines down on you, highlighting all of your imperfections and blemishes. It sucks. Trying on clothes is probably one of the most difficult and hated things to do in recovery. Because your body is reflecting back at you in the mirror, and you have no choice but to stare and criticize every inch of your skin. It's a terrible feeling to not be comfortable in your body, but accepting it is the only way to move forward. I promise that starving yourself will not solve these issues, because you will just discover new things you don't like about yourself. Of course we're the most self-conscious of our own bodies. It's because we live with ourselves every single day, we're almost forced to critique and obsess about what we don't like. And with society's beauty standards, it's the perfect recipe for not feeling good enough. All of the most beautiful and positive adjectives can be used to describe each and every one of you. It's a long and bumpy road ahead, but soon these thoughts won't cloud our minds and we will be able to live in freedom again.