Here's To The Dreamers

Here's To The Dreamers

I have no plans to come down because my mind is busy racing with endless possibilities of my next adventure.

17
Here's To The Dreamers
Tanisha Camille Knutzen

As a little kid, we were made to believe that we could be anything we wanted when we grew up. That nothing was impossible or even out of reach and that the world was ours to grab a hold of. So why as twenty-some-year olds do we have to stop being dreamers?

Just because life isn’t as simple as our sandbox days or that responsibilities decided to come knocking on our door, this shouldn’t be a reason for us to stop dreaming. We live in such a beautiful and vast world but it seems that we tend to get so caught up in growing up, focusing on the negatives, and forgetting about the little things that once brought us so much happiness, like the idea of running away to join the circus or being an astronaut floating through space. Yes, as an adult, these things might seem a little more farfetched, but why not create dreams for you today?

I’ll be the first to tell you that I’m, without a doubt, a dreamer and a wanderer with a spirit so free that even I tend to lose track of it. I live in the clouds and some days I have no plans to come down because my mind is busy racing with endless possibilities of my next adventure. I’m a dreamer and this is who I have always been and hope to always be because without the idea of dreaming, I’m going to find myself caught up in a world that is so busy trying to create a life that society wants, instead of one that makes me happy.

To many, we dreamers are the crazy ones. The ones who believe in so much more than what’s in front of them. We have no problem living a life full of adventures and creating the kind of memories that turn into some of the best stories of our lives. We’re crazy because we chose not to live by the standards of our society, but to live outside of the box, while painting everywhere that lines don’t exist. We weren’t made to follow rules or sit still for very long because we have this longing to be everywhere were not and doing things others could never even imagine possible. But not only are we dreamers, who float above in the clouds; we’re doers because our list of dreams will always have check marks signifying completion of the things we want.

I’m not trying to say that you should drop all of your responsibilities and move across the world to explore, like I have done, however I do hope you chose to let your dreams live out loud. Do not be afraid to dream a little or even a lot because what the world needs right now is more people who believe that good things still exist.

And in the wise words of John Lennon, “ You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one”

So here’s to the dreamers, the crazy ones, the ones telling stories in the clouds, the ones who believe and to the ones who make our world little brighter, this is for you. Don’t stop believing, just like Journey has always told us. Now pump that fist in the sky and keep making those dreams come true.