The Degradation of Society

The Degradation Of Society Is Happening Faster Than We Think

The survival of a conservative in a degrading society

16

I don't quite know when this so-called 'degradation' began, yet it's here so we must deal with it the best we can individually.

Men are not dressing like men typically have for centuries. Just recently, a MAN was offended because he was called "sir" while dressed as a female in Gamestop. I'm just trying to figure out why these things are happening. In times like the 1950s, men dressed like men and women like women.

We did not have massive amounts of cases where people were accidentally misgendered. Organizations are worried because they may be targeted for gender reasons. This past year, The Boy Scouts decided to go ahead and allow female participation as well as change their name. California, for example, has now decided to lead the nation in using "X" as an option on birth certificates. You are no longer required to be declared a gender at birth.

The fact is, society is not what it used to be. In the 1952 film "Singing In The Rain" Gene Kelly, the lead actor did many things that are uncommon today. He held the umbrella for his date, he walked his date to her door, and he opened the door for her. As minute as these things seem today, they were once a constant form of behavior for gentlemen. This is not just a form of behavior that is required of gentlemen though. Opening the door for someone behind you

Society as a who has definitely changed though. Being a 22-year-old college student I've seen classmates become married, divorced. and even have children. I'm not saying that all of these things are bad because they aren't. It's the order that most of the things happen. Children are born into unwed families that soon dissolve or cease to exist after the birth of the child.

These things do not usually affect the child, in fact, some children born in broken homes have been quite successful including; Adele, Justin Timberlake, Johnny Depp, and Rihanna. The fact is most kids should not have to go to a different home on Christmas or figure out who's house to visit first on other holidays. Some do not even have that luxury, some children never gain a relationship with one or both parents. These are sad and tragic events that are more common in society now, than before.

Relationships also differ for courtships in the past. Couples break up, get back together, begin seeing other people, and some now even have "open relationships". I personally know someone who is in a relationship, in which they declared the relationship was ended, yet they were back together within two weeks.

That persona now claims they have been with their partner for 6+ months...Yeah, OK. Divorce is also more socially acceptable now than before. In times like the 1960s, you almost never heard of divorce or parental separations. Yet today, you can rarely meet someone who has never experienced a divorce in their family.

The times are definitely changing, but is it for the better?