The Dangers Of Pornography

The Dangers Of Pornography

The world's newest drug and its effects on your brain!

4432
The Dangers Of Pornography

Pornography: the dangerous drug that has taken our planet captive with astonishing speed and precision. Harmless fun...that's what our culture has been telling us for generations. It's all just harmless fun. A way for its viewers to explore their sexuality without harming anyone. But they were wrong...

What people who believe this don't seem to understand, is that while porn has no visible effects, it is re-wiring the brain, little by little, not only ruining a person's ability to maintain a healthy sexual relationship but also destroying our understanding of what sex even is!

In his best-selling book, "The Brain That Changes Itself," Norman Doidge, a world-renowned psychiatrist, psychoanalyst, and researcher, had this to say about porn's effects on the brain.

“Sexual tastes are molded by an individual’s experiences and their culture. These tastes are acquired and then wired into the brain. We are unable to distinguish our ‘second nature’ from our ‘original nature’ because our neuroplastic brains, once rewired, develop a new nature every bit as biological as our original.

So what does this mean practically?

Basically, you can imagine porn as a blacksmith's hammer, and our brain as a red-hot piece of superheated metal. Our brain is malleable, prone to be reshaped and conditioned by what we choose to fill it with! Unfortunately, porn has no plan to teach our brain anything of value. It comes beating and bashing its way in, destroying all other sexual attractions in its way.

Just like your body gets addicted to the high of "shooting up," your brain becomes addicted to the rush of hormones that it receives when you view porn. As your brain becomes more and more used to this rush, it starts to associate this feeling of ecstasy, with porn, instead of natural forms of sexual attraction. It comes in and destroys triggers that our brain has been naturally created with, disconnecting them from our system, and plugging them back into one single experience; porn.

This is the primary cause of the male disorder know as ED. After allowing porn to decide what is "attractive", the body starts to only respond when there is porn involved. Take that away and substitute real life, and suddenly the body finds itself incapable of doing what it was created to do.

Completely aside from the damage porn does to your brain and body, it has a much more disheartening result to answer for; it ruins your relationships. As porn continues to work its way around in your brain, a couple things start to happen.

First, you begin to find yourself viewing other people (particularly members of the opposite sex) as items to be had instead of individuals with personal desires and feelings. You begin to treat them like less-than and have little conscience in regards to your actions around them.

Second and lastly, you begin to desire more love, affection, or sexual interaction than what you already are receiving, even if it is more than your relationship is ready for. Due to your lack of respect for them as individuals, you begin to make bad choices regardless of their effects on your life or the lives of those around you. This mindset is the final stage in a porn addiction, as you have come to the point of harming others or your relationship with them, in order to satisfy your brain's warped desires.

"Pornography exists for the lonesome, the ugly, the fearful - It's made for the losers." — Rita Mae Brown

Are you fed up with pornography and its effects on the brain? Go to http://fightthenewdrug.org/ to learn what to do about it!