To The Cousins Who Are Like Sisters

To The Cousins Who Are Like Sisters

To all those girls out there who drive me crazy, I love you.

316
To The Cousins Who Are Like Sisters
The Girls and I via Me

When families grow, and you gain cousins and siblings sometimes you wish you could pick your family but that is never the case. To the cousins who are like sisters we are the rare exception to this rule, even with some having an age gap that would make it seem highly unlikely to have anything in common. And yet somehow in all those years together we managed to bond and find things we loved to do, books and music bonded us together and favorite television shows were just an icing on the top for us.

To the cousins who are like sisters, thank you for being there when we were at our worst. As we went through being bratty teens, (even if some of us are just starting that phase), to young adults trying to find out what we want to do in the world. Through the days where we just wanted one another to go away and yet we clung on and hung around because we knew the other one needed us. And through the days of sadness or heartbreak in which we fought to return smiles to one another's faces.

Cousins who are like sisters is such an amazing gift and one you never quite expect, you never expect to grow attached to them quite so much. You never realize how much you should appreciate the snuggles while reading your favorite book as a they look over your shoulder. Or the constant questions about something you are showing them, even though you know they'll find out if they just stop talking and watch the movie.

And what of the long summer days spent splashing around on the pool as the smaller of your little group of sisters claim to be leeches and cling to you as you try to wade around and get them off. To the days spent laying out on couches playing video games, but not touching because it is far too hot for contact.

To the teasing as we all take our turns learning about makeup, and figuring out that there is such a thing as too much. And to the days spent bickering so much but still teasing each other that it ends up being one of the best days we have. .

For days in which people tell us we are such good sister while in public and we just laugh and laugh because we can't actually imagine being related to each other that way, for the fact we might have risked killing each other. And yet we are, in every way but blood you and I are the best of sisters, we have each others' back through thick 'n' thin and we couldn't imagine it any other way.

So to the cousins who are like sisters, know that while we never tell you this. You are truly a blessing, and anyone would be lucky to have you as their sister, or their cousin.