It's Time to Settle the Coffee Debate

It's no question how much I, along with almost every other American, appreciate coffee. But caffeine is no longer just coffee with the choice of adding milk and sugar, as we now have pumpkin spice lattes and caramel macchiatos. Ordering a drink at Starbucks can get very stressful with all these options of flavored syrups, kinds of milk, and cup sizes. But the REAL crucial decision that can change your entire caffeine indulging experience is how you want your drink: hot or cold? While, of course, a select few beverages like a cappuccino should always be served hot, here are a few reasons why cold is almost always the move.

You Won't Burn Your Tongue

i.ndtvimg.com

There's NOTHING worse than starting your day with a sip of hot coffee, only to have it burn your tongue and be forced to spend the rest of the day with an injured tongue and the inability to enjoy the rest of your coffee.

You Won't Burn Any Other Part of Your Body Either!!

thumbs.dreamstime.com

No need to grab that cardboard cup sleeves so you don't scorch your hands, there is literally no way for any part of your body to suffer any burns from your drink! And for the clumsy people, if you spill it on yourself, no burns either!

You Can Drink it With a REUSABLE Straw!

cdn.shopify.com

It is pretty undeniable that drinking a beverage with a straw (metal not plastic, save the Earth!) makes the experience far more superior and efficient!

It's Cool and Refreshing

i.pinimg.com

Especially in the summer, there's nothing more refreshing and enjoyable then a cold drink to cool you down

It's HEALTHIER than Hot Coffee

i.pinimg.com

Unless you're pouring in packets of sugar and syrup, iced coffee is actually healthier than hot coffee because it is less acidic which is better for the digestive system!

Speaking of Less Acidic…

mindbodygreen-res.cloudinary.com

Less acidic also means less bitter, so you don't need to pour in packets of sugar to enjoy your caffeine!

It's So Easy to Make

www.kitchentreaty.com

With so many different options, it can be as simple as mixing in some instant coffee with water and ice.

You Don't Have to Worry About It Getting Cold

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com

Sometimes you want to take your time and enjoy your coffee throughout your day or a long lecture, but after about a few minutes hot coffee reaches that lukewarm state where you realize you should have just gotten it cold in the first place

You Can Make It Fun!

www.spicesinmydna.com

Make your coffee into a dessert and add some ice cream or whip cream for a sweet coffee flavored milkshake!

It's So Versatile!

i.ytimg.com

There are so many different ways to make it, drink it, and LOVE it!