'The Circle' is Bizarre Binge-Worthy Social Experiment Competition

In a world where about 3.5 billion people are online, there are bound to be a few profiles here and there that just are not real as people raise to climb the social status ladder, this show is all about becoming the most popular.

781

*Spoilers Ahead*

After premiering January 1st, 2020, this Netflix original took a twist of classic competition shows like 'Big Brother' and made it into their own. This social experiment and competition show took on a twist on its own with it all being online and had none of the competitors meeting face to face.

Competitors are forced to interact with others entirely on a faux social network system created specifically for the game in hope to win $100,000. This network is voice-activated meaning that contestants must speak aloud their social media posts and messages to one another. Eliminations are based, in theory, on who is the most likable and "real" in their posts and photos.

Since nobody can physically see each other, some people decide to be themselves and others decided to be that person they think will make them win. This has its benefits but also some cons. To many times, competitors find themselves getting in sticky situations on whether or not if they should be who they are so they don't potential drop their social rating and be eliminated.

1. Host & Narrator: Michelle Buteau

While we never see her until the final episode, Michelle Buteau narrates over the episodes often leaving and hinting hilarious commentary to the show.

Alana, Age 25

A swimsuit and lingerie model, Alana is one of the first girls in the show. Coming in she said she wanted to be her 'dorky' self and didn't want people to judge her as a prude because of her job and looks. She planned on being herself by not being a catfish but sometimes people still judge a book by its cover.

Sammie, age 24

Samantha, aka Sammie is a 24 year old behavioral technician originally from Delaware County, PA but now resides in Miami. This flirty bisexual is blunt and easily makes her way into the top favorites among the other competitors and audience.

Chris, Age 30

This Jesus loving man, came into the show being his best self because he said he believed in letting your your inner personality shine. Man question his true identity, but Chris 100% himself with all his bubbly personality traits and hilarious commentary.

Antonio, age 24

Sometimes people will do whatever it takes to win, even if it means pretending be single, in order to win that big prize. Antonio comes in claiming that he "thinks using [his] head rather than [his] penis." This well traveled basketball player will do whatever it takes to win but sometimes to much doesn't work

Seaburn, aka Rebecca, age 29

Seaburn is a 29-year-old caseworker for Victory Human Services from Boston, Massachusetts. Unlike some of the other players, Seaburn is playing as a catfish using his girlfriend Rebecca's name and face in order to make different relationships with players.

Subham, age 23

This virtual-reality designer came into the game calling social media "our modern-day bubonic plague" and "the devil," but he thinks being real in The Circle will show that being yourself is the best version. Easily becoming one of the realists, most liked competitor, Shubam easily climbs the ladder of popularity.

Joey, age 25

This Jersey Shore look-alike is the shows self proclaimed "mamma's boy". He is flirtatious, loud and not afraid to speak his opinion which is bound to leave him in some sort of murky water. Maybe even find a new girl to take home to his momma?

Karyn, aka Mercedeze, age 37

Playing as some "random chick" she found on social media. This sassy, confident woman is one of the few competitors to claim that they will win but sometimes, cat fishing is not the best option to go.

Miranda, age 26

Miranda, aka Randi, describes herself as a "lone wolf" and "free spirit". She likes to do spontaneous things, like changing eh hair frequently which could lead to her downfall. She goes into the show being herself but being cautious on what she shows the other contestants.She even says she is open to finding a love connection through the show which becomes a possibility when you have attractive guys and girls who may flirt their way to the top. She easily find a connection with Joey and they meet after she is blocked and they share a sweet kiss.

Alex, aka Adam, age 32

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmyiclicktv.com%2Fexclusive-netflixs-the-circles-alex-lake-aka-adam%2F&psig=AOvVaw0o3rhPL637EVyN6HTtL8AM&ust=1581281189264000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCIDCvM_pwucCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Describing himself as average, recent newlywed Alex decides to come into the competition as someone that he thinks society looks at. Becoming "a hotter version of Alex" Adam is a beach babe who loves athletics all while Alex does not play sports and would rather do the opposite.

Sean Taylor, age 25

Sean comes into the show playing as her friend because she said that her friend is more popular and appealing to the eye but eventually, Sean reveals to the others on her own that she is not who she says. She changes her profiles and decides to be herself and confident in her body. This plus size model is inspiration to all those who may not fit into societies definition of beautiful.

Bill, age 27

Bill is not very trusting of social media and can appear to be standoffish which might result in his downfall.

Ed and Tammy, aka Ed, age 23 and 52

In the Uk, two contestants catfish as one person. In Netflix's recreation, Ed decides to bring his mother with him. New comers aren't very welcomed and Ed is one of the last to entered so he has a lot of competition if he would want to win.

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

With the last five being Christ, Joey, "Rebecca", Sammie and Shubam, the final five rank one another before being invited to meet each other over dinner. Of course, this means that Rebecca's identity was revealed to actually be Seaburn, who was using his girlfriend's pictures for the game. The five celebrate over their new strongly founded friendships.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2F...

In the final episode, the final five look over some of their top moments and conversations before the rank is revealed as:

5. Seaburn

4. Chris

3. Sammie

2. Shubham

This left Joey winning netflix's season 1 of the Circle.

And despite the show being over, many of the contestant still make time and visit each other showing that you can find your best of friends through the internet.