The Chase

The Chase

Have you ever been in a chase so extreme that even though your body is telling you to give up, you insist on continuing?

411

Have you ever been in a chase so extreme that even though your body is telling you to give up, you insist on continuing? Not a lot of people have been in this situation and neither have I.

However, I did witness a peculiar chase of a man running after a few kids which seemed to be truly odd indeed. Since the event was captivating everyone's attention, and nobody knew what exactly was going on, I decided to create my own image of the bizarre situation that happened on that one cold, snowy winter day.

As I was in my black Buick driving down the street as I saw a bunch of kids that started to spread out and throw snowballs at my car. I was outraged by the fact that these little kids were trying to wreck my car and I was even more outraged when a snowball hit my car's windshield and then my face.

Infuriated by these kids, I stopped my car, opened the black door, and started running after these kids forgetting to close the door behind me. The roads were covered with snow and these kids were running as fast as they could which made me only run faster.

I was running after two kids as we reached a yellow house, the kids sped up, probably because they knew the area better, and ran under a low tree, up a bank, down some slippery steps, and across a store delivery's driveway. They slid through many small gaps and in between houses, but I still caught up with them. I chased them without making a sound.

They ran block by block, up Lloyd Street, and through some crazy backyards. When they jumped over a picket fence, I still continued to chase after them even though I was significantly losing energy.

One kid, choking to breathe, turned around and looked at my jacket completely drenched in sweat. They taunted me to follow them as they ran block after block, backyard after backyard, changing the course simultaneously. They always attempted to slither through the smallest gaps and hardest areas to make sure I would give up, But that wasn't happening today. Finally, in one of the backyard mazes, I caught hold of both the kids by their jackets. The kids just stood there coughing and looking petrified as I released my grip.

They finally admitted defeat and started to unzip their jackets. I looked around to see the messy snowy trees and the snow that the chase had occurred in. Finally, as I began to recollect my thoughts, I blurted out, "You stupid kids," and they continued to listen for more. I formulated in my head what I was going to say to them but all I could think about was the passion that made me chase after them and not give up.

After all, that running the only thing I could say to them was "You stupid kids" in an angry tone. I was infuriated, completely outraged. Standing there with these two kids after a long redundant chase was no way to spend a winter morning. I couldn't make myself say or do anything else to these kids so I sighed and made my way back to my Buick.