The Chainsmokers Awesomely Continue Their Epic EDM Adventure with Coldplay Collab

New “Something Just Like This” Single Hits the Mark on both the Club and Radio Fronts
97

Go big or go home. That certainly seems to be the current theme for the music of the Chainsmokers these days. Case in point: their latest “Something Just Like This” single that features none other than British rock group Coldplay. Known to dabble in EDM themselves, Coldplay is no stranger to the electronica space over the span of their remarkable career. Look back to the Kraftwerk sample in “Talk” and even more recently the club-friendly “Adventure of a Lifetime” from their 2015 “A Head Full of Dreams” album for starters. So the Chainsmokers and Coldplay are definitely making great bed buddies these days.

“Something Just This” is a perfect winter anthem for the radio waves and dance floors alike. It glistens with the inspired signature alt-rock and uplifting indie-pop vibe of Coldplay fused with the dubstep-laced EDM sound that Chainsmokers have come to be known for. Coldplay lead vocalist Chris Martin sings “I’m not looking for somebody with some superhuman gifts...just something I can turn to...somebody I can miss” on the 2017 song that has already become somewhat of an instant classic just being officially released on February 22. Although the track does hark back to and sounds somewhat like the Chainsmokers’ “Roses”, we’ll give them a pass with the extra unique flair being added with the Coldplay addition.

As the Chainsmokers continue ruling FM radio and festivals alike, anticipation builds for their forthcoming debut “Memories: Do Not Open” album. And it’s no wonder. They have a proven knack for balancing their progressive electronica grooves over slick commercial production with catchy lyrics for good measure. That’s why we definitely do want “something just like this” indeed.