I'm Making A Case For The "Crazy" Girl

I'm Making A Case For The "Crazy" Girl

I stand with you, ya so called psychos.

185
I'm Making A Case For The "Crazy" Girl
YouTube

Okay, okay... I know what you’re thinking.

The fact that this girl is even writing this article in the first place proves that she’s definitely the crazy girl in question.

I would deny this, but to deny it would be partially false. I mean, we all have our crazy moments. I’m not perfect, I have them too. Those who claim not to are probably the real crazies. These OCCASIONAL crazy moments are not what I’m referring to.

I’m writing this on behalf of every girl who has been straight up labeled as psycho/crazy.

You know, the girls who are looked at as stupid or clingy for hanging on to and fighting for someone for too long, despite what disregard that guy has for their feelings.

Here’s my theory: Only about 10% of the girls are actual “crazy” girls. The rest are created.

I’ve seen it happen countless times (especially in high school), to level-headed, intelligent girls, who certainly don’t seem to be psychologically unbalanced or loose cannons of emotion. Normal, pretty, cool girls… suddenly they endure relationship issues, word-of-mouth does its magic, and they’re fatefully branded with that shiny, new label: psycho.

Through years of experience, ended almost-relationships, severed friendships, I’ve fully grasped the concept of there being two sides to every story. This concept shouldn’t be ignored in cases of relationship rumors you hear.

Picture this scenario (one that I’ve witnessed multiple times).

A guy and a girl break up and it looks like it is 100% over to everyone on the outside.

No one knows what’s happening behind the scenes.

As the guy moves on, but also doesn’t want to leave behind what he had with the girl he liked a lot but couldn’t fully commit to, he continues talking to her, and since she has deep feelings for him, she falls for it.

Typical, understandable. Smart? Maybe not.

However, sometimes feelings override the wiser decision at that point (especially if this is happening fresh after the breakup).

The guy continues entertaining this girl while carrying on with his life (even talking to other girls on the side sometimes).

The outsiders of this situation see this as a girl stuck pining away over a guy not giving her the time of day. Looked at as “obsessed” or “clingy” the girl gets a rep, while the guy is simply a “player” messing around.

People don’t see that the girl is being given false hope by the guy. They have no idea what she’s being told and led to believe.

Hopes of getting back together, belief that he’s still committed (or even was in the first place)… Simply from the way he’s acting and the stuff he’s saying or texting.

It’s not fair to assume automatically hearing of this situation from an outsider’s perspective that the girl is crazy for continuing to try and hang on. False hope is a tough thing to deal with, and if you’re a committed person who rarely jumps ship with these types of things, it’s hard to let go when you’re being told something that gives you that hope.

These girls aren’t psycho, the guy is manipulative.

Her “crazy” label isn’t warranted. It’s not the girl’s issue, and she’s the one who ends up with the label.

So, to stop this instant psycho shaming that is so easy to do, let’s remember that there are two sides to everything.

Let’s stop the crazy branding, and realize that not everything we hear is the whole truth.

I stand with you, ya so called psychos.