The Case Against Mitt Romney

The Case Against Mitt Romney

The 2012 Republican nominee who brutally denounced Trump in March has no place in the new Trump administration

11
The Case Against Mitt Romney
ABC news

Note: This article is designed to still have importance whether it be before or after President-Elect Trump appoints a Secretary of State.

Let's get to the point right off the bat, no fluff, no background information: Mitt Romney has absolutely no place in Donald Trump's cabinet. I am in total agreement with Trump's campaign manager Kellyanne Conway when she said Trump would be betraying his base with a Romney appointment as Secretary of State. Two prominent news outlets have said that Trump has expressed his frustration with Conway over these comments.

Mitt Romney denounced Trump back in March calling him a racist, sexist, and a huckster in this speech below:

A man who made these comments about Trump, and has himself lost a campaign in 2012 and 2008, has no place in this administration. Trump said he would "drain the swamp" of liberal Democrats and do-nothing neoconservative Republicans. This statement has tapped into the old right of FDR era. This old right, often called the paleo conservative movement, is mainly different from the mainstream right of today in that it is anti-war, not isolationist; there's an important difference. Isolationists will not attack at all, the old right paleo-conservatives will go by the Non-aggression principle. This means that if they are attacked, they will attack, if they aren't attacked, they will not attack. Mitt Romney is a part of the neoconservative movement. Anyone of the neocon movement doesn't belong in Trump's cabinet. Trump was able to gain so many independent votes because he appealed to anti-war sympathizers and those who were wary of the Bush-Obama-Clinton escalation of the Middle East Crisis. He also wants peace with Russia. GEE, WHAT A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA. Mitt Romney has said that Russia is our biggest threat. Do you really think Putin is going to work with Mitt Romney?

Romney should first of all release who he voted for. He may have voted for Hillary Clinton, I wouldn't doubt it. He was part of the #NeverTrump movement, in which some have said they would vote for Hillary Clinton and put up with her than to have to deal with Trump. Any Republican who says they would rather vote for Hillary, not only has no place in the cabinet but is a complete embarrassment to the party.

Lastly, would it be wrong to think Romney may have played a role in Evan McMullin's campaign? Yeah, remember him, the guy who had his 15 minutes of fame in Utah. If you still don't know who I'm talking about, here's a quick lesson: In August 2016, former CIA operative Evan McMullin launched his presidential campaign. His base was mainly in Utah, a state in which Mitt Romney went to college and it is also the home of the Mormon base; Romney's sect of Christianity. McMullin rose to the center of fame when he was briefly in front of Trump and Hillary in Utah in late October. There was even speculation that he would win Utah, making him the first third party candidate to win a state in a Presidential Election since George Wallace won 5 southern states as an independent in 1968. How was this third party candidate able to gain so much momentum for a short period of time? Was Romney helping fund this with hopes of taking away votes from Trump?

These are the questions that need to be answered.