The Brangelina Era Is Over

The Brangelina Era Is Over

#TeamJen Forever

11
The Brangelina Era Is Over

It's been 11 years since Jen and Brad split, yet the social media still loves to absorb everything with this couple. I have been Team Jen from the beginning and was devastated when it was announced that Jen and Brad were splitting. I have never been a fan of Angeline Jolie and never cared for her in movies or anything. So when I found out she was the next girl in Brad's life, I was not a fan.

For at least a decade, Brangelina smeared their goodness on the country. They adopted children! They helped build houses after Katrina! Oh, what lovely people!

Jennifer Aniston truly seemed like the loser in the equation. While Angelina Jolie moved more into the mainstream in the early 2000s, she was still very much known for her “edgy” past. So when Brad Pitt ended his five-year marriage to Jennifer Aniston in 2005, the media were quick to turn the story into a familiar narrative of Wronged Woman vs. Evil Seductress. Everyone still sided with Jen because she is known as the "American Dreamgirl" with every role she has done.

The media tried to always put Jen in a positive light, which she deserved. The Team Aniston shirts sold 25 times faster than Team Jolie to begin with. The popularity of the team T-shirts helped fuel the rivalry. Taking it out of the gossip mags and into people’s closets. Making it part of popular culture. Aniston always got the heat from the media after the divorce for still being single and not having any kids. Jen has stood up to the press regarding the objectification women, and she also married to Justin Theroux. It's been over a decade since she really cared about any of this. She's moved on. And, as much as we want to include her in this unfortunate narrative, she's too busy living her best life to celebrate the dissolution of an ex's marriage. Either way, she is the one coming up onto and will always be America's favorite. She's a winner in all categories. Brad who?!