To The Boy That Was Never Mine

To The Boy That Was Never Mine

The friend zone is a deep dark place my friends.

141
To The Boy That Was Never Mine

You might never have actually been mine, but that doesn't change the fact that my feelings were real. The definition of love is a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. That is what I had for you. You've always cared for me and even loved me, but not like I love you.

You've always known how to make my world stop with one look. You know how to make the worst days the best. When I see your name come up on my phone my heart smiles. I would do anything in the world for you; you know this. I could talk to you about every and anything and you'd do the same. We've shared so many memories and laughs together. But now, I have to let you go. And maybe it's not even you I have to let go of, but rather the hope of something more.

Maybe I was too loyal. Maybe I was too available. Maybe I wasn't pretty enough for you or I am just not your type. Maybe I wasn't smart enough or I was too practical. Whatever the reason, I will never know. Maybe I don't want to know. But I have to stop wondering and move on. I have to stop torturing myself with the hope that one day you'll change your mind.

I hope for the best for you. I really do. I care about you, but I also care about me. So, if I ever want to find my happiness in love I need to stop pretending and wishing. But your eyes, smile, and laugh make it hard. I hope that the girl you are with makes you happy. I hope that you love and care for her. I hope that she sees your value and worth and loves you deeply.

So, even though I am not going anywhere, I am letting go. I am letting go of the hope an "us."