8 Best Web Comic Artists Of Our Age

8 Best Web Comic Artists Of Our Age

Have you laughed today?

719
8 Best Web Comic Artists Of Our Age
Adam Ellis

Everyone loves a good laugh every now and then. With the usage of memes as a form of humoristic expression beginning to plateau, it seems that a new art form (yes, memeing is definitely an art form) had taken center stage - cartoons.

More and more, cartoon artists are beginning to sketch, color, and produce comical works that they then share on the internet. These images are then shared in a similar fashion to memes. They do, after all, express almost the same emotions and experiences we use memes for. You send them to your friends, you comment them on people's statuses, they float around entertainment apps like iFunny (that's still a thing, right?).

Perhaps one of the very first meme-related comics I myself witnessed was the "This is fine" dog.

Since then, many other comics have emerged in internet culture. Here are, in my opinion, some of the very best web cartoon artists of our day and age.

1. Adam Ellis

Adam Ellis works for Buzzfeed and posts new cartoons every single day. Think of him as another artist on the funny pages of the internet. His work encompasses a wide variety of topics, from politics to living with animals to adulting and much, much more. Check him out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr.

2. Dami Lee (As Per Usual)

I originally discovered Dami Lee for myself on Tumblr, but now I also follow her on Facebook (my most frequented social media profile). Similar to Adam Ellis, she makes me laugh by reminding me how hilariously human we all are (and how similar we are). Find her on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and on her own website "As Per Usual".

3. Sarah Andersen (Sarah's Scribbles)

Other than the fact that this particular comic is actually me irl, Sarah Andersen is great because she covers some of the more awkward situations of life, illustrating the thoughts we all have when going through tricky situations. Like this one:

You can follow Sarah on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, and on her website here.

4. Rosemary Mosco (Bird and Moon Comics)

Author of Bird and Moon Comics, Rosemary makes cartoons about nature, all the while raising awareness of environmental issues like extinction and taking better care of the planet. She mixes humor in with her educational images, making it a must for nature lovers who also love to laugh. You can look at her work on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and on her website Bird and Moon.

5. Brian (Flork of Cows)

Sometimes making cartoons that fall into slightly offensive (to some) and dark humor, Flork of Cows is a webcomic that serves as a perfectly dry type of humor. The simple MS Paint art style really gives it character, and I can never not laugh at anything they post. You can find Flork of Cows on Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat at florkofcows.

6. Alex Cohen (Tiny Snek Comics)

There will probably never be a day that my partner doesn't send me a Tiny Snek comic. Similar to Flork of Cows, the art style is so pleasingly simple. The humor is always lighthearted and innocent and overall makes me smile whenever it pops up on my dash. You can catch Tiny Snek on Facebook and Instagram.

7. The Sad Ghost Club (Run by Laura and Lize)

The Sad Ghost Club, in their own words, is "a small creative project making comic books, apparel and merchandise to spread positive awareness of mental health." As someone who is really interested in mental health and sometimes has a bad day or needs to be reminded to take a break, as the comic above suggests, The Sad Ghost Club's cartoons are a nice pick-me-up or the gentle reminder you may need to take it easy on yourself. Catch them on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and their website The Sad Ghost Club.

8. Christopher Grady (Lunarbaboon)

Lunarbaboon also deals with mental health a lot of the time, but Chris also frequently illustrates his life as a father, husband, and human at the same time. His comics will give you hope as he takes you along on his life journey and shares his struggles as well as his triumphs. You can find Lunarbaboon on Facebook, Twitter, GoComics, Tapastic, Instagram, and on lunarbaboon.com.

Feel free to comment with any other webcomics you love! Share your favorites! Let's have a laugh together.