The best settings and styles for oval cut diamonds

Oval cut diamonds are renowned for their unique beauty and elegant shape.

14

. The cut creates an elongated silhouette, making it a great choice for those who prefer a contemporary look.

What Are Oval Cut Diamonds

Oval cut diamonds are renowned for their unique beauty and elegant shape. The cut creates an elongated silhouette, making it a great choice for those who prefer a contemporary look.

Oval cuts are known for their soft, curvy shape, which offers an elegant look that appeals to many jewelry buyers. They are also renowned for their brilliance and fire. The most appealing benefits of oval diamonds are their versatility and the illusion of a significantly larger carat size when compared to other cut diamonds. Cutters place special attention on the border edges to avoid the bowtie effect that less precise cuts will produce. The unique shape accentuates a slender finger, making the diamond appear even more prominent. To learn more about Rare Carat diamond deals visit https://www.rarecarat.com/diamonds.

Setting Up for Success

Customers should keep a couple of considerations in mind when selecting the perfect oval-cut diamond for their ring.

Bow Tie Effect

When selecting the setting for an oval-cut diamond, it is important to take the bow-tie effect and its potential body color into account. The bow-tie effect is the shadow that forms across the middle of a diamond when light cannot enter it and reflects on itself, making it appear dark. To avoid the bow-tie effect, it is important to find a diamond with good symmetry and polish. Additionally, it is also important to choose a length-to-width ratio between 1.30-1.50, as this aids in avoiding the bow-tie effect.

Prong vs Bezel Setting

The prong setting is the most classic option for oval diamonds and is ideal for maximizing the light and brilliance of the stone. However, this option leaves a significant portion of the diamond exposed to potential damage. On the other hand, a bezel setting can provide more security and create a modern look, however, it can also reduce the stone's brilliance due to the amount of metal surrounding it. Ultimately, when selecting a setting for an oval-cut diamond, it is important to consider the balance between maximizing the stone's brilliance and protecting it.

The Best Settings for Oval Cut Diamonds to Enhance Their Beauty

Solitaire Setting

A classic and timeless setting that enhances the oval diamond's attractive shape and usually features four prongs to the sides. This emphasizes the diamond's clarity and brilliance, making it the perfect choice for those looking for something simple yet glamorous.

Halo Setting

A halo diamond engagement ring frames the centre diamond with a circle of accent diamonds around it to trap a greater amount of light and add sparkle and extra beauty to the centre diamond. This setting can help mask inclusions while giving the appearance of a bigger stone.

Pavé Setting

A setting style where stones are "paved" along the design's metal and held in place by metal prongs or even grooves, a pave setting features a collection of diamonds next to each other and allows for a luxurious yet delicate look. Since pavé settings use many small diamonds, it is a great option for those looking to maximize the carat weight of their setting with a little extra sparkle.

Split Shank Setting

This is a more modern setting that more easily transitions from simple to elaborate designs. The split shank branches off from the centre setting and adds a look of three-dimensional movement, creating the illusion of a bigger stone.

Lab-Grown vs Natural Oval Diamonds

When it comes to choosing an alternative to traditional diamonds for oval-cut engagement rings, lab-grown diamonds are a great option. Lab-grown diamonds are diamonds that have been created in a laboratory but have the same chemical, physical, and optical features as natural stones. They are also graded on the same scale.

One advantage to lab-grown diamonds is that they are often significantly cheaper than natural diamonds for the same quality. They also have less impact on the environment as there is no mining or extraction process involved. The main downside to lab-grown diamonds is that the resale value may be less certain, though usually still increase.

When shopping for an oval diamond, customers should consider both options and select the diamond that best meets their personal needs and budget. Natural diamonds are a timeless choice for an engagement ring and offer better resale value, but lab-grown diamonds offer a cost-saving alternative and unique characteristics. Visit https://www.rarecarat.com/education/diamonds-guide/lab-grown-diamonds to Check out guide to make the most informed decision about lab-grown diamonds.

Oval Diamonds: Timeless Allure

Oval diamonds are one of the most unique and alluring shapes available, offering both a classic and timeless look. With their elegant shape, oval diamonds are very versatile and can be set in several different settings to bring out the best of their fire and brilliance. Whether paired with a traditional solitaire, a halo setting, a side stone, or a unique setting, an oval diamond can create a timeless, stylish, and sophisticated look. Ultimately, the most important thing is to choose the setting that you love, as it will be an expression of your unique style and beauty.

At Rare Carat, you can find hundreds of lab-grown and natural oval diamonds from leading diamond merchants. Our expert gemologists hand-select each diamond, ensuring that you get a beautiful diamond at the best price. We offer a wide selection of oval diamonds, ranging from near-colorless whited diamonds to bold, contrast-filled stones. Our 4Cs Diamond Buying Guide, free gemologist checks, and education materials provide valuable insights to help you select a beautiful and sustainable diamond.