The Best Semester Ever

The Best Semester Ever

A little blurb on my final fall semester

106
The Best Semester Ever
Sydney Jameson

I just completed my last fall semester as an undergraduate student. It was a semester of transition in many ways, but it ended up being a laid back, fulfilling, and incredible semester. I was able to focus on relationships and extracurriculars in a more intensive manner than I had been able to before, and I realized the blessings that came with backing off on academics and focusing on the others aspects of life. I had one of my best semesters ever, and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I never realized how deeply affectionate and caring my friends could be. I knew they were incredible, but I broke a barrier this semester that allowed for deeper relationships and in turn, new relationships that have brought color and warmth to my life. I was able to see just how unique and special my college really is and just how wonderful the people are that inhabit it. I made strides in figuring out who I was as a person, I took risks in things I never thought I would, and I got to experience sides of life I never thought quite possible. This all sounds dreamy and fun, but that didn't mean there weren't challenges on the offset, and I had to deal with finding a sense of independence and self-worth I hadn't quite tapped into. It's been a ride, but overall, I feel incredibly privileged and grateful for the semester I was able to lead and to experience what I did. It was the semester that I needed and because of that, it was the best semester ever.