"Pigeons of Boston":The Best Facebook Page You've Never Heard Of

Taking On Humans of New York One Parody at a Time

17

Most of you have probably heard of the popular Facebook page, "Humans of New York,"(or HONY for short) one of the most popular Facebook pages with over 15 million likes. For those of who aren't familiar with HONY, the photographer poses a question to the subject of the photo, and posts it online with an intriguing snippet from the interviewee's answer. Great idea, right?

Anyways, while smaller versions of HONY have been popping up all over the country (See Humans of Philadelphia, Humans of Paris,Amsterdam, Berlin, etc.) there is one in particular that stands out among the rest: Pigeons of Boston.

With just over 26,000 likes so far in the past 1.5 years, the owner of the page, A.R. Pellowski, has one simple goal:

"Telling the stories and sharing the portraits of the millions of pigeons that reside in Boston, one at a time."

Each post is elegant, yet witty with a bit of truth, supposed to be straight from the perspective of a pigeon. This page is full of gems and has been called "bizarre" and "unique" by Boston.com, yet its all surprisingly authentic and sometimes takes the reader on an avian adventure.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My favorite examples are below:

Interviewer: "Do you have any completely private jokes?

Pigeon: "I nicknamed my wiener 'The Plot' so that when I'm talking to a cute girl and she tells me she's single and likes my bucket hat I can say:

"Ah, The Plot thickens!"

and have a little laugh to myself. Trump 2016!"

Pigeon: "If you meet a little girl with blond curls, and she's wearing a pink dress, and you say "Oh, what a cute little girl! What is your name?"

.....and she responds, "BATMAN."

.....you have just met my child."

Interviewer: "Do you use Facebook?"

Pigeon: "Not like you probably use it. I can't help but treat Facebook like a video game -- which it basically is, if you think about it. It's like someone took the concept of a second-person shooter and remixed it with like, The Sims and flattened the whole thing out into a Guitar-Hero-like feed of pictures and links and comments and all the other horseshit. It's so, so close to reality it's uncanny, but the second you believe it's real, you lose the game. I don't want to feel like I'm just a digital conglomerate of photos and likes and other arbitrary data. I'm a fucking PERSON, you know, with a "heart, a dick and a brain." I know it's pretentious but I can't help it."

Interviewer: "Sounds like you don't want to be pigeonholed."

"Ahem, that means something quite different in my community."

If you think these are funny, likable, and you want to see more, just go to: their Facebook page and read them all!